1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I feel intimidated by my crushes friends?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by charlavail, Feb 3, 2014.

1. charlavail

Out Status:
    All but family
    This girl and I have really been hitting it off recently. We've been super flirty and I know for a fact that she likes me because I've been told, and she recently asked me out on a date. I really like her as well, because apart from the fact that I think she's really pretty, she's hilarious and has a wonderful personality and I adore spending time with her.

However, her friends actually intimidate me. She's a senior and I'm a freshman in college, so our friend group is obviously different. There is a little overlap, as she occasionally mingles with this group of girls who literally made my life a living hell the first semester (perfect, right?). I don't know why I find those students intimidating, I think it has to do with the fact that they are older, and are very "loud" people. I've heard from many that some of those individuals are very judgemental, which is another thing on my mind.

I don't want this to hinder any potential relationship, friendship or romantic, that I could have with this girl.

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You should not keep it to yourself. Tell her that you just feel intimidated by those friends, and try to hang out with her when they're not around.