1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can you fall out of love?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by WrthPanda, Feb 3, 2014.

1. WrthPanda

WrthPanda Guest

Okay
    I've got this friend, which I kind of got a crush on recently. He has always been very touchy around me, everything from sitting close, holding his arm around me, to randomly massaging my shoulders. He always complements me or simply go out to make me feel better when I am down. He also smiles every single time he sees me, and keep his eye-contact with me. The thing is, he has always been, every since we become friend 6 years ago, this kind of flirtatious around me. In the last couple of weeks his "flirting" has slowly decreased, and he just seem kind of distant. The problem is that I never ever saw or decode any of his sign before now, recently.
    So my question is, if he ever liked me - liked me, more than a friend, will his 'feelings' for me ever go away? I know I kind of blew it, with left him waiting for so long, but do I still have the chance to make things right?
    If I can sort of fix this, how do I do that?
    We are both guys, kind of strange I know. Certainly I am bi, and him? I don't actually know, but he never had a girlfriend, and he also never talking about girls in general. Since all our friends are kind of religious, and I am not sure of how he feel about me after all this time, telling him straight out that I suddenly like him won't work.
    All I want to hear are some opinions or maybe stories of what others has experienced. If you really love somebody are you willing to wait for them? Or not?
    And should I try to “flirt” back, testing the water to see where thing goes?
    All answers are appreciated so much! :slight_smile:

#1 WrthPanda, Feb 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2014
  2. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm not going to answer with specifics about your situation. We can't second guess where you're friend is at with this. A lot of these things are subtle, at least initially.

As for falling out of love, if you can fall in love, then you can fall out of love. People who divorce from a spouse or separate from a partner often fall out of love, and it can range from remaining cordial and connected to outright dislike.