1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Straight Guy" flirting with me

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Xaviero, Feb 3, 2014.

1. Xaviero

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So I am a closeted gay and this really hot guy who is on the basketball team at my school who has a new girlfriend almost every week lol keeps on looking at me. At first I thought he was just being friendly but today he asked me to eat lunch with him alone under a tree in the outside courtyard. I thought this was unusual since he usually always sits with his basketball buddies. Also I am not shy but not particularly outgoing at school so I wonder why he notices me. Anyway, we had a normal conversation but he kept looking at me a lot throughout and he sort of blushed when I caught him looking. Then he would carry on the conversation as if nothing happened. He just messaged me on facebook saying that he wants to hang out on friday afterschool, he has a car since he is a junior in high school. I am sort of unsure what to do in this situation, he seems nice but he does sort of have a bad reputation when it comes to girls, gets into fights sometimes and not always nice to some of my friends. But he is really handsome, tall and muscular and just has that air around him that you makes you want to like him. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

2. MMF

MMF

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Dude just go for it, but don't do anything sexual with him. Just hangout with him.

3. bluesky

GO FOR IT!! just talk it up with him be his friend... he probably really is interested in you. just don't start asking him about his sexuality or anything like that because you don't know where he is AT in terms of himself. get to know him as a person before you guys can move on further from that. Good luck buddy!

4. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, hang out with him and see what happens :slight_smile: Maybe he keeps going through gfs because he hadn't realised he was gay... who knows..

5. duende84

Maybe drop a veru subtle hint... compliment him on his 'buffness" or maybe is he smells nice...

6. PurpleGrey

Sounds a lot like he has a crush on you, but is in the closet. Look for signs in body language, especially how close he sits and how he is about touching. Send subtle signals and see how he reacts. He may want to come out to you when you're hanging out on Friday. Don't expect it, but know that it's possible.

7. Xaviero

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks guys for the advice, i messaged him back and said I'll meet him after school on friday. Also, he sat with me again for the 2nd day in a row! I did compliment him on how much muscles he has and how he must live in the gym lol, He then sent me a shirtless pic of him working out. :slight_smile:

8. Phoenixaaa

9. danball7

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'd say don't push it, let him say what he wants to you, you might have misread the signs so keep cautious, but as long as you don't try and jump him the instant you're alone you may well end up with a boyfriend soon :3

10. Xaviero

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Of course i wasn't really looking for a boyfriend (well not at first anyway), I was just wondering why a really handsome boy a year older than me was always looking at me like that. :slight_smile: Also, I don't want anyone to know that I'm gay just yet, my parents don't like that and as well as my many of my friends here in north carolina. Still I'm very happy right now but I'm also worried that he might tell everyone that I'm gay or something. I have seen him make fun of other gay people before but only with his friends.

---------- Post added 4th Feb 2014 at 05:04 PM ----------

Omg! He just texted me and said he has something to tell me.

11. duende84

Signs like that usually drives me up nuts. Its like, is he just showing off or is he trying to tell you something. :eusa_doh:

---------- Post added 5th Feb 2014 at 12:31 AM ----------

Yeah? Do tell what he said! If you dont mind. Its getting exciting. And I should go to bed. Its past midnight here by me.

12. Xaviero

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Omg he just texted me that he is Bi!

---------- Post added 4th Feb 2014 at 05:36 PM ----------

I am unsure whether to tell him that I am gay though.

13. Aidan77

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Think about it as if you were him, he's just testing out your water, act in a positive way then after a while so there's no sudden "just joking lol" then come out to him.

He's probably acting this way because he wants you or wants a relationship no need to get close to you to ruin you.

Good luck

14. bluesky

You're probably unsure to tell him you are gay because this is so sudden. Approach it in a manner of how you're comfortable. Just because he told you doesn't mean that you have to tell him anything. This is a matter of how comfortable you are and what you feel is the right thing to do.

However, if you want to see if he's serious you can try various ways.. Ask him more about him. You can straight up ask him what does he mean by that and what's his purpose of telling you, you know? I think that will be okay, and see if he opens up more. I think with you, you have to see that you're comfortable before you say anything else about yourself and that's perfectly fine. This topic could also be sensitive to him so be careful here and don't say anything that would scare him off. Good luck and keep us updated!

15. duende84

Interesting... Firstly discuss it with him before coming out to him. Ask him how does he know and since when - stuff like that. Then after carefully accessing his replies, maybe sharing the general scope here, proceed to tell him you are gay. Good luck!

16. Xaviero

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    After he told me he was bi, he then said he saw me looking at his bulge at school and in the locker room and then I was like oh no I have been caught ! lol and then he asked me if I was gay or not, then I said yes. He actually seems much more easy going than I thought he would be. He also said that he always wanted to kiss me when he first saw me. we are pretty much boyfriends now though we have to keep it secret. It sounds like it was a quick thing but it wasn't there was a lot of side convos in between lol

---------- Post added 4th Feb 2014 at 06:49 PM ----------

this is my first real relationship so that's why I am all excited lol.

17. duende84

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you. Keep a level head and take things one step at a time. Gosh this is like a storybook tale.

Its 2:00 in the morning and I just had to check in and see if there was any update.

18. Bring it

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's awesome! i hope it goes well for you!

19. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Good for you! :slight_smile:

20. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation: