1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3 problems from 1 person. Help?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Bring it, Feb 3, 2014.

1. Bring it

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There is a girl at school, I'll call her E, and in the past school year she and I have become really close friends. We share a love of things like Lord of the Rings, the Avengers, Hetalia, and fan-art.

Lately I'm worried that our friendship is getting a little too strong. At lunch, when she always sat by M and H before, now she sits by me and whoever ends up in the other seat. In music, when the teacher gives us work time she almost immediately takes the seat next to me. If it was just me I'd have no problem, but lately I feel like I'm stealing her from her original friends. I like to consider those people my friends as well, but I don't want them to resent me because E is spending more time with me than them, as she was friends with them first. :icon_sad:

Aside from that, I came out to this same group of friends a couple weeks ago (they were all cool with it). E was by far the most accepting, making jokes and laughing like it was just any other thing. But these past couple days I've noticed that whenever it gets brought back up she'll go quiet and solemn for just a split second (this never happened before), and I have to wonder if she might be hiding that she's bi or gay. I really don't want to make that assumption in the least because that's a really big conclusion to come to off of such a slight change, but... I don't know, what should I do?

This is the last thing, I promise. When I'm with E, I'm always smiling. She just has this way of making me feel spirited and happy in a way that very few others can. I love to be around her, and I've started missing her when I'm not. I don't know if it's a crush because I don't "feel" anything when I'm around her, but I just don't enjoy anybody's company like I do hers. This conflicts greatly with problem number two because I want to be open to dating me, but I don't know if that desire is clouding my perseption.

In short: Help?

2. katwat

Okay - I think maybe the answer to problem #1 is problem #3 in reverse. You really enjoy being around her and she makes you feel happier than anyone else you hang out with. Maybe she just feels the same way. Don't worry about who was friends with who first, just be nice to all your friends and enjoy that the friend you like spending time with most seems to feel the same way about you.

As for problem #2 - it is really hard to figure out what might be going through someone else's mind. Maybe sometime after you have noticed it happen again if you get alone time soon afterwards just ask her if something is wrong. Just say something like "when I (or other friend) said something about me being pansexual you kind of went quiet. I was just wondering if something was wrong?" Dont push or be defensive or anything, just let her know you are concerned that she is okay.