1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lesbian girl falling for a "straight" girl?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Kayes, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Kayes

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi everyone! I just wanted to note that I am only a few minutes old to this site, but wanted to make my first post right away. So without further notice, I would like to present an issue that has been plauging me for the past six months or so, and has continue to do so well until this very day. I have fallen head over heels for a straight girl who knows how to play me like an instrument.

The background story: I met this girl back in August of 2012 on the first or second day of school in PE Freshman year (we're now both in tenth grade, soon eleventh) and automatically formed a connection with her. Throughout this time period, I was becoming incredibly infatuated at the time with the last male that I would ever like, and paid almost every ounce of my common attention to him. In October of 2012, she suffered from a massive leg injury and was forced to use crutches for several weeks. Over a course of time, her leg was beginning to heal, but our teacher in PE forced her to run laps on a leg that was not fully healed nor ready to be worked again. One day in perhaps late 2012 or early 2013, I saw her collapse down on the football field holding her leg, crying. She was in immense pain, and was crying due to it.

After that day our friendship only grew stronger, she would always put her arm around me when I was focused on that same guy (whom I liked up until June of last year, but was getting over quite easily). While my attention was turned to him or someone else, her head would be on my shoulder or her arm around me, and she always seemed to have a beaming smile on her face. In June, one of my friend confessed to the guy mentioned before that I liked him. I had freaked out and was attempting to run away from my group of friends, with the girl I liked (we'll just call Sam, sorry I didn't put that in before), Sam, jumped in front of me and held me back, telling me that "its too late to run, you already made it this far. You can't go back". This was exactly a few days before school ended, and one of the last times I would speak to Sam for several months, because she out of state most of the summer visiting her family.

Skip ahead to September, I was completely over the guy mentioned earlier, and was dating a girl over the summer and had just recently broken up with her, ending both our relationship and a two year friendship. The entire time over the summer, Sam would occasionally text me and ask how I was doing, or say something random. Most of the time I never responded to her because I was too busy with my own relationship during the summer. I recall only a few days after the guy I liked was told how I feel about him, I recieved a random text from Sam going,"btw your cute when your nervous :slight_smile:". I didn't really have feelings for her at the time, and never really thought much of it. When August had came and went for the first month of school, she was still not back, and instead was still up visting her family. One day in September, however, I walked into the attendance office at our school and nearly screamed out of glee for seeing her for the first time in 4 months. We hugged and she looked incredibly delighted to see me.

Now the issue: Shortly have she had returned to our school, Sam and I were incredibly close again. She was always around me, even more so than last year, but the psychical contact was halted for a long time. When she returned to school, I began to realize how many powerful feelings I had for her as more than a friend, so I decided to tell her over text (which was a mistake). I had texted her one night telling her I liked her, and in response she asked "are you sure?" before denying that she liked me and claiming she only saw me as a friend. A few days afterwards, she decided to pick up on the topic and tease me about it alittle. :bang:

This game of constant back and forth between us lasted for months, and only reached a new time high when I asked her out a few weeks ago, and she told me she never wanted to say yes nor no, but ended up rejecting me in the end. Yet, now it seems different. She had told my friend, we'll call her Emmy, she told Emmy that she was bisexual and liked me as more than a friend because she thought I was cute, but two weeks ago Emmy asked her the same question again a month later, and Sam denied it, saying that she is straight and has never liked me.

The moments: My best friend named Nicki came to visit me at my school a few weeks ago (we attend seperate schools and her had a minimum day). While we were walking to get food at lunch, Sam was behind us. I had playfully smacked Nicki upside the head, and she raised her hand to hit me back, but stopped when she saw Sam tense and glare at her from the corner of her eye.

Sam once attempted to hold my hand, I believe, by playing the "my hand is colder than your hand game" and when she went to touch my hand, she literally almost squeezed it.

She shows geniune concern to me and really doesn't open up to anyone else in our group of friends except me.

I've seen her get overprotective of me just because of a car pulling into a parking lot that was 50 feet away from us.

Shes admitted to me she is overprotective of me.

Her pupils grow large around me and she smiles a lot more, often times showing teeth and giggling when I'm around (something she doesn't really do a lot).

She's called me cute on three occassions, the one time being through text, the other face to face, and another time on Friday (which confused me even more).

So the question; What am I going to do with this girl? She clearly is a very close friend of mine with a strong friendship and we share a close and special bond, anyone can clearly see that. Our other friends knows she favors me out of the rest. So my only real concern is, how should I go about this, when some people say this is a sign of flirting and that she is just sexually confused, I take it as a sign of being friendly to a good friend.

#1 Kayes, Feb 4, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2014
  2. LovelyBunny

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I believe shes definitely sexually confused and you must take it slow with her, stay good friends with her and if she is ready to be in a relationship with you, she'll let you know. Just don't pressure her or let anyone else, she'll figure out what she wants sooner or later - But also be open to the possibility that she might figure out shes straight and you might not be able to have a relationship with her - do you still believe you could stay friends if you fall in love with her?

#2 LovelyBunny, Feb 4, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2014