1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do I tell her how I feel?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by youaresobrian, Feb 4, 2014.

1. youaresobrian

Out Status:
    Some people
    I have a friend who I have had feelings for for over two years now. At the end of this year she is going to leave to move to another school. I don't know whether or not it would be best to leave it or if I should tell her how I feel. I'm not optimistic but I don't want to miss out on an opportunity.

Help?

2. nikidion

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ahhhh.... You've secretly had feelings for her for two whole years and now out of a sudden you ''don't want to miss an opportunity''? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

If she's just switching schools, you can tell her. If she's moving to another city as well, then leave it, there's no point. And if you tell her, don't mention the two years. Ultimately, if you tell her ''I have/have had feelings for you'' there isn't much she can answer or do about it (unless she too has a crush on you). You should rather ask her on a date. Then, even if she doesn't have feelings for you right now, she might give you a chance. Just popping up and confessing feelings can scare people away. It's a lot to deal with and can ruin a friendship (it ruined two of mine).