1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This is crazy to me. First time attracted to a man

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by crushingonhim, Feb 5, 2014.

1. crushingonhim

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I was once a guy that knew he was straight. No doubts. I love women, I love sex with women. I love breasts and vaginas... okay I think you get the point.

So here's what's going on. I met an adorable guy. He is so freaking cute. I just want to hold him and kiss him.... but... I'm straight... never even been with a guy or even thought of it. But I feel like that doesn't even matter. He likes the same things I like, he's got a nerdy aspect of himself that I just adore. He's gay, I'm straight he knows that and respects it... how do I tell him that... well I am crushing on him really hard.

I can't get him out of my head.

Can we snuggle?

I don't even know who I am anymore... but I don't care cause I know that he's a great guy. I hope this isn't a phase that will go away... I can see a future with him...

2. TheSoleOne

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No man is 100% straight. You should experiment and see if you like it. Honestly Labels are Labels and Love is Love.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

3. AKTodd

Rather than worrying about what you 'are' or what label you currently wear, perhaps you could just focus on the feelings you're having for a fellow human being who might like you back? A label should be a convenient shorthand for describing yourself based on all the evidence and experience you have to date, not a straitjacket (Ha! A pun:grin:) that constrains all your future actions.

In my time on EC, I've seen several examples of guys who would count themselves as totally straight...except with one particular guy who just seems to 'click' with them on all sorts of levels including the romantic and sexual. I'm not aware of a formal term for it, but one that might come close is 'soulmates'.

You are a human being with free will. If you like this guy, maybe see if he likes you back. If he does then you can see about exploring the physical aspect of things at a pace you are comfortable with.

Follow your heart - and best of luck to you:thumbsup:

Todd

4. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You know he is gay, so tell him that you are crushing on him and see what he says. Maybe you will want to change your "label" to match your feelings later. If he wants to cuddle with you, enjoy the moment, and see what kissing him feels like if he offers it up. Maybe you have always been bisexual but never came upon someone who turned you on until now.

5. Data

Data Guest

Of course you can snuggle! :grin:

If he's gay, he isn't going to freak out. Tell him how you feel.

I agree very much, sexuality is fluid, and being attracted to one particular guy isn't strange to me.

6. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Go for it!
    It will quite possibly be a dream come true for him :grin:

7. Dryad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's so nice that you accept right away these beautiful feelings. :grin:
    I don't see a problem. Just go on, follow your heart and see what happens.
    Best of luck :wink:

8. confused1234

Go for it, man! Think of this an as an opportunity.

9. dapulu

Be honest! Only tell him when you're ready :slight_smile: Focus on your feelings...maybe even steal a kiss haha

10. Munyal

There was another thread where the OP was only attracted to one guy that he knew of, so this isn't unheard of. I say just roll with it. Labels make things complicated.

I would just tell him how you feel. That seems like the best course of action. If someone was crushing on me, I'd want to know, regardless of who it is. This is quite the opportunity! Carpe diem and such!

11. crushingonhim

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thanks everyone.... I finally decided I was going to tell him and now I can't seem to get a hold of him. :/ I haven't spoken to him since I posted this. It's almost like he knows and is avoiding me.

12. MightNeedThis

Best of luck, I hope you get in contact with him soon. Keep us posted!

13. GayDadStr8Marig

Just be honest with him about how you feel and take it from there. Who knows, just because you're crushing on him doesn't necessarily mean he would want to take your friendship there, at least until he felt comfortable knowing how you feel about yourself being with him. Just let things progress naturally and honestly, respect him and yourself and it will work out the way it should.

14. BlueMetalWave

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Wow I loved reading your story, it was very cute! I hope it all works out when you talk to him. Good luck!

15. wandergirl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I find it very nice that u came to EC as a straight guy and have no problem in accepting your crush.
    Go for it! be honest with him, say what u feel, what u think. but just don't rush into anything you are not comfortable with.
    Good luck! :grin:

16. 4AllEternity

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wouldn't worry, people get busy. You don't notice it when you're not trying to get in touch, but as soon as you want to talk with the person, regular breaks in contact can seem intentional. It's just a lil' paranoia :slight_smile:

I wouldn't worry about him being weirded out by you; gay people who are out almost always are willing to help out a friend who's confused, we've been there before, we know what it's like. As for your feelings towards him, yet again, he'd likely be touched (and possibly reciprocate your feelings...) that you have a crush on him. Gay people all too often have to deal with that phase in their early years where it seems like there's no one out there for them, so we learn to appreciate love and not take it for granted. As long as you're not weird about it (trying to stay in contact too much, following the person's life too much, behaving in a way that makes them uncomfortable, etc) I'm sure he'll be honored that you care about him.

I would get to know him better before moving on to more intimate subjects however. He should know you well enough to know you're not a creep before you even mention feelings for him. If you honestly feel ready to have an affectionate friendship and perhaps something more, maybe try flirting with him. Speaking from experience, it's pretty much the same as flirting with girls, except gay guys are usually more open to playful raunchy flirting earlier than girls are (not always of course, so judge for yourself if he'd be comfortable). Sweet compliments are always a safe bet (if the person isn't interested, they can just brush them off without any awkwardness, and if they are interested, they get a clear signal you are), if you want to be really vanilla, you could compliment his clothes, or if you're more confident you could go directly to complimenting a physical feature of his (that's PG-13; it may be old hat for girls, but I've always loved receiving compliments on my eyes or hair from guys). You do that, and unless he's a complete idiot, I guarantee you'll get his attention. If he's interested, he'll probably start paying more attention to you, if he's not, he'll just remain the same, no worries. You're still open to pursue a friendship in that case, but I'd drop the flirting.

17. crushingonhim

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thanks for all the kind words and support. I only tried contacting him twice cause I didn't want to seem... weird? Or desperate. Left him a message to get back to me. Still no word, but I'm not worried about it.

I think he may have been seeing someone, which is a bummer, but so happy for him.

Now the question is, if he is in a relationship... do I just keep my feelings to myself? Last thing I want to do is make him second guess his relationship and end up unhappy.

I don't think I have ever been so..... FLUSTERED! I honestly feel like a child with a crush on a girl (or guy) totally out of his league.

18. 4AllEternity

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If he's in a serious relationship, I would avoid getting involved in that way unless you are 100% comfortable with all that entails a gay relationship. Assuming he's interested as well, you better be prepared to be affectionate in public, take him out on dates, introduce him to friends, etc. If you're at all uncomfortable with playing the role of the boyfriend, I wouldn't even try to go for him, because in the end he might get involved without fully understanding your limitations.

If you are however completely comfortable with those concepts, then by all means, go for it. I personally have the view that there's no dishonor in competing with someone for a relationship, having been on both ends myself (I'm not a fan of competition, but I've experienced it). I draw the line at criticizing the competition, I consider it low to undermine a person's opinion of another for selfish reasons. However if he finds you attractive enough to leave his current relationship, then that's his choice. He's not owned by anyone.

19. CthulhuFhtagn

Half an hour out from the middle of nowhere.
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I promise that you aren't being weird. There's nothing weird about a crush! And it may seem like you're desperate to yourself, but I doubt that anyone else sees it like that.

Unless he has made it obvious that he is in a relationship, there's no harm in telling him you like him. Don't put any pressure on him, but do allow him to make the decision of pursuing you or not for himself. I agree with 4AllEternity that you should make sure you'd be comfortable with all facets of being in a relationship with him before you tell him though. Don't be an unnecessary breaker of hearts by jumping in and then jumping out.

I send you all the luck I can! (*hug*)

20. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just tell him how you feel. I can pretty much guarantee you that he will help you out and be nice :slight_smile: