1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

not good...... understatement !!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ems, Feb 6, 2014.

1. ems

ems

I've got a girlfriend now and I came out to My mum she is happy with it and is pleased that I'm I've got someone.. My dad on the other hand doesn't know. I've been going out with girlfriend nearly 7 months now and she is out to everyone. I want to tell my dad but he hates gays and wishes they didn't exist. so u can understand my reluctance in coming out to him. It could go well, me being close to him might change his opinion - yeah right. I'm expecting it to go all to hell. I don't know what I'm asking for really. But has anyone got any advice or a way to come out that might be better and not put me in the firing line???

2. AaronMed

Honestly? I think you should sit him down and say the following: "Dad, I'm gay." You'd be surprised how much people will change when it's someone close to them. My dad was severely homophobic before I came out, but now that he's used to who I am, he even asks me how my bf is doing. (*hugs*) You're gonna be okay.

3. ems

ems

Thanks I'm just so stressed about it all. I need to come out sooner rather than later if I can get the guts

4. Tectonic

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Just tell him. Maybe ask your mother to be there with you for support when you do it since she's cool with it.

5. AaronMed

I'd actually disagree, I think you should do it alone. It'll make him feel more like you trust him and that you're on an even playing field.

6. ems

ems

Both ways sound good and u both have good points. Which ever I choose I hope that he surprises me (in a good way)