1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fun in Friend-crush land

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by FancyGummy, Feb 8, 2014.

1. FancyGummy

MA, UNITED STATES, FURTHER DETAILS UNKNOWN
    Alright - Not too long after starting High School, I met a kid in my class who simply refused to talk to anyone. I felt really bad for him, knew how he felt. I tend to revolve around people who are feeling down. He was eccentric, perhaps even a bit insane (at least he believed so) but he was the single most caring, kind person I had ever met. I felt as though he was a better version of me, in a way.

We became very good friends, and started chatting on Steam fairly often. Him and a few friends of mine slept over a buddy's place, and stayed up most of the night browsing questionable web sites (4 CHAN!) and generally becoming overly rowdy (I felt at the time). Oddly enough, this good friend of mine (we'll call him Greg) specifically asked to sleep in another room. (I mention this only because it was interesting to realize why afterwords)

As we chatted on steam for longer periods of time, he started revealing a "secret of the week" (every week, obviously). For me, I really felt that I was falling down the rabbit hole, as he was unknowingly digging up some of my deeply buried, slightly messed up past. Soon, Greg gave me access to his Twitter account which had none of his personal information, so that people he knew in real life couldn't find it. Most of the information I had already known, except, well, he's bi.

I come from a deeply conservative christian family, but I immediately told him that there was nothing wrong with any of that, that he was still the same person I had met a year ago. That was my first encounter with LGBT anything, and I had trouble sleeping for a few nights.

A while after that, I realized I loved him. I believe we were doing stretches or sit-ups or something in gym, and all of the sudden I looked over, he looked back and it hit me like a brick wall. Sometimes movies will sarcastically show a main character's love interest with a really over-exposed camera (lighting wise) and a choir in the background, and I allways thought that was just a myth, but holy crap, I realized it wasn't, and started blushing a whole lot :icon_redf

I became very protective of him for the rest of that year. When he tried doing trust falls I nearly had a heart - attack. :eek:

Fast forward to now. I suddenly decided that enough was enough. Came out to my therapist, wrote Greg a note asking if he wanted to go to Prom. His response made it seem like I had just meant as friends, so later on I went on steam and told it to em' straight (no pun intended) that I had a crush on him. I explained that he didn't have to talk to me anymore if he didn't want to. Of course, the email account which I use to log on to Steam got hacked, so I had to destroy it, so now I won't know how he responded or if he even saw the message. I'm just gonna have to wait till' Monday to see how he reacts.

Wish me luck,

Pummelmuffin

2. duende84

Good luck :slight_smile: hope it turns out well for you guys.

3. IJustWantToLove

I wish you the best of luck =)
    Let us know how he reacted, will you?

4. Kenaria

That's awesome! Kinda sucks that your steam got hacked though, fingers crossed he says yes!
    Stay strong and stay awesome!
    -Jess :slight_smile:

5. FancyGummy

T-Minus one day 'till something

6. MMF

MMF

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Make sure you let him know that your steam got hacked..

7. FancyGummy

OK, just got home, and :***:, I'm fairly certain he never saw the message. He acted no different than usual. I did mention that my Steam account got hacked, and he never mentioned trying to send me anything, his response was just "oh, that sucks." I'm not sure if I have the guts to tell him face-to-face, and it wouldn't be comfortable for him as he only shares his closet with a few others and he's quite shy and awkward anyways... any suggestions?

#7 FancyGummy, Feb 10, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2014
  8. Kenaria

Hmm... If you don't have the guts to talk to him personally, try asking him again over facebook, text, or whatever works. I'm honestly at loss of words.. I was looking forward to what he said :/
    Sorry for the bad luck :frowning2:
    Stay strong, stay awesome. You'll get him!
    ~Jess:slight_smile:

9. FancyGummy

I would try asking him over steam, but I got a new account and he's never on, so he isn't going to accept the friend request any time soon. I suppose I could just hand him another note, but... wow... that's going to take a whole lot of courage, and I will feel really bad if he reacts negatively. I would hate to put him in an awkward position (what ya gonna do, though)

10. FancyGummy

Sorry to be Necromancing the thread somewhat, but I need some advice... It's friday, and still, nothing's happened. I have some time to wright a note making myself clear, but I get the feeling that being told that a good friend of yours has a crush on you by note would be very, very awkward. He's a shy kid, and I forgot to mention, when I gave him the first note, his exact words were I'M SCARED...

11. WearyWanderer

Why don't you tell him you're bi too, and see what happens. I would definitely not rush things with this guy. If you push too hard, he'll run away. Tell him your sexuality, preferably in person, if not through some other social media device like text him or something, and see how he responds. Don't outright say you have a crush on him, just let him think about it for a bit, put the pieces together, and once he figures it out see how he responds after that. No matter what, give him space. Just my advice, at least.
    Good luck! Let us know how this turns out as it develops! :slight_smile:

12. Kenaria

I agree 100% with WearyWanderer. You shouldn't rush into seeing if he likes you back, see what he likes first :slight_smile:

~Jess:slight_smile: