1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weight and Orientation

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by TurtleShell, Feb 8, 2014.

1. TurtleShell

So I am just going to start out by saying I am a teen..... I am confused on my sexuality at the moment, I mean when I fantasize about getting married or going to prom in a few years I imagine another man with me. But my problem is that I am fat. 5'4 160 (first time i have ever said my weight to anyone/thing). I know that I shouldn't be with anyone who doesn't except me for me but in high school I would like to have at least 1 boyfriend or a prom date. How can I do that if I am fat? I already get made fun of as it is and I am not even "out" yet (mainly because I still confused on everything). We are a poor family so we can't even afford to buy fresh fruit or eat healthy (my parents manage to get me stuff for some fruit/salad like one a week but trust me...I love fruits and veggies).

What do I do? :frowning2:

(Sorry for the rambling)

2. Blondeye

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I do not think that sounds overweight...
    I started going to a weight doctor and have lost about 30+ pounds with the medications...
    Hang in there...
    I prefer a BIT of extra weight and always have even when my weight was ideal!!!
    There are others like me out there... :slight_smile:
    Chin up!!!
    Try not to get too too focused on weight, you know???

3. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm trying to lose weight as well. Here's what's worked for me:
    -Eating more earlier in the day and less later in the day. Yesterday I had a giant lunch at 2 pm and then was pretty full until I had a small bowl of cereal with some fresh fruit at like 8:30. It gives you more time for your body to metabolize what you eat.
    -Cutting down on the sweets. I'll buy a bar of really dark chocolate and have a couple squares of that when I need something sweet, and that's usually all I need.
    -Finding a way to get more fruits and vegetables into your diet. Have you thought about growing your own? I can't since I have no yard, but that can be one way to make sure you have fresh fruits and vegetables around.
    -Exercise. If your school has a gym, go use it. Walk places that you might otherwise drive. Pushups, situps, and jumping jacks at home can help too.
    -Switch from soda and juice to water and from whole milk to 1%

Hope this helps.

4. TurtleShell

Growing our own stuff wouldn't work to well cause our soil is deadly for plants (except weeds/grass of course). Also my school is online (going to a normal highschool next school year and thats why I made this thread).

5. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ah gotcha. Well, you don't have to go to a gym to exercise. There's still plenty you can do on your own. And hopefully the little dietary tweaks I suggested will work for you.

6. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm around your height, and I weigh about the same.
    Yes, you are overweight.
    Don't accept it; try to fix it.
    You could try to build up muscle, and make your metabolism faster.

7. TurtleShell

Im pretty sure I am too young anyways for said medication.....And I have always been focused on my looks. Thats all I get picked on about. And when I go back into a regular high school next year (currently online school) I want to be happy with myself.

8. Sorceress of Az

Your so lucky
    I hate being as thin as I am,
    Only weigh 115lbs and I am bout the same height,
    I look like a boney skeleton.

I want to have feminine curves, and a pretty face,
    Instead I look like a frail boney man.

Mostly though since I'm gender fluid I wish it was possible to move between appearances at will.
    With todays technology its not possible, if I had a neutral appearance it might be possible.
    But as of now you can tell I'm a boney man, well from the front at least.

On the bus I've had my but pinched by some perv who thought I was a woman,
    When I turned around and confronted him, he was so scared he ran to the back of the bus, the look of embarassment on that pervs face was priceless.

9. Kenaria

Exercise, exercise, exercise! It can be hard to get into a routine, but it pays off!
    5'8 150-160ish(beats me tbh)
    I've gotta lose weight for Track, and a routine has always been extremely hard for me to get used to, but it pays off :slight_smile:
    Stay strong and stay awesome!
    ~Jess :slight_smile: