1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is love possible here? *LONG STORY*

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Danno17, Feb 8, 2014.

1. Danno17

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hey what’s up EC community it’s been a very long time since I posted anything on this website and I feel bad that imp only posting now when I need something but I have nowhere else to turn and I felt this place was the only place that people can actually relate to me and give the advice I’m truly seeking. A lot has changed since I created this account about 2 years ago not sure lol. I’ve managed to come out to 3 more people lmao it only took me a year the confidence to do so xD. But im still deep in the closet when it comes to school and family. the reason I’m here today is because I’ve had the hugest crush on this guy since sophomore year of high school (I’m a senior now). This kid is really cute and is a really nice person in general he’s a quite type though. But anyways he’s a former varsity football player and is currently a varsity basketball player so he’s pretty athletic lol I can talk about him all day. However what brings me here today is because it’s my last year in high school and my last chance to tell him how I really felt all this years but at the same time I’m very scared of the fact that he might not feel the same way back but I feel like I have a good chance with this kid. Why? Well it all started my junior year when I had him for a us history class and he sat across the room in front of me. At that point in time I had a crush on another person so I didn’t have a reason to pay much attention to him. However, one day I was working in class and I looked up and saw him quickly look away, I didn’t think anything of it but throughout the hour I would periodically look up at him and kept catching him quickly looking away. Now I’m not stupid so I’m sure I can tell when someone is looking directly at me then suddenly looking away. (I’ve done it for years) this would continue for the whole year and eventually I gained enough courage to approach him and make him my friend. The staring got even more intense as it happened more frequently and I would see him standing with his friends after school looking at me and I could tell it was me because he would be standing facing my direction and I as I walked past him I would turn around and see that he changed positions and was facing my direction. He would also wait for me after class and we would walk together to our next class and just talk about random things. I noticed however that he never once mentioned any interest in females or even talk about sex I would occasionally try and bring up the subject but he would just smile and change the subject. I thought this was strange because every single athlete at my school either had a gf or just can’t keep the word pussy or ass out of a conversation. As far as I know some girls have told him that they like him but he never does anything about it and I mean these girls are really pretty but alas nothing would spark between them. The year ended and summer went by without me saying a word to him except for his bay. Fast fwd. to this year (senior year). As luck would have it he got placed into my government class and on the first day he didn’t waste any time and started staring once again. Same as last year but this time it was more frequent and lasted longer like this time he would see me looking back and didn’t look away till later. And thanks to a little twitter and Facebook stalking I was able to confirm that he hasn’t been in an open relationship with anybody. 1st sem of this year was great because he would talk to me every day and would wait for me after class and ask me about my day or my weekend if it was Monday. I’ll admit that I was a little asshole this semester though because this time I tried really hard to get him to just casually talk to me thru text or any social media but alas it was to no success as he would either be bland and boring or just simply wouldn’t reply at all god forbid if it was one of his close friends though cuz with them hell reply instantly , and this is where I’m kind of stumped because I assume that if a person likes you wouldn’t they do anything at all cost to talk to you ? I would feel really stupid when he didn’t reply and I would get angry and refuse to talk to him let alone look at him during class (at least let him “catch” me looking ;3). Lol it was funny because he would try to ignore me but I would just simply go up to him just shake his hand and everything would be ok and he would accept the friendship back no problem whatsoever. So far this year ive gained more confidence in myself and I creep closer and closer to being fully out im just waiting for the right moment and I feel its coming soon. One thing I feel I should mention tho is that on multiple occasions I asked him to hang out with me before or after school so we could go smoke a blunt but everytime I asked he says that it sounds like a great idea but then stands me up -___- or hell text me later that day say o I cant anymore because____. (I feel like he does this because he might be scared of what might happen if we hangout but idk). My heart can only take so much I knew I had to lower the intensity of my crush or face full devastation so I began to stop talking to him and started walking a different way after class and leave him be. I also did this because in the past I looked at fine details that meant something to me but nothing to another person so I thought it was the same case with this guy. I was definitally stuck on him but I slowly felt myself becoming more distant. But at the begginig of semester 2 my created a new seating arrangement that would place him in a seat directly to my left but slightly fwd. I mention this because I caught him staring right at me again and this time an actual effort has to be put forth in order to face my direction and look at me which doesn’t leave any excuse to be created lol. His friend was moved into that class and sits behind him so now he doesn’t look as frequently becasuse he usually talking with his friend and after class hell ignore me and walk off with his friend  but when his friend isn’t there hell look at me all hour and then after class hell catch up to me and walk with me to class idk what to think of this maybe hes scared someone might think something but ughhhhh idk .. all my the friends that know the real me feel that I should talk to him more personally and try to get him a little secluded but the thing is there str8 so they don’t know what its like to try and approach someone of the same sex and tell them how you feel . so I came here to hear the opinions of people who can relate a little bit better to my dilemma . sorry for writing an essay but every piece of information I put above is an important consideration I want you guys to think about when writing yur opinion on what I should do I purposely left out some other details but im keeping those to make my own final non-biased decision .
    Thank you to whoever sat here and read this !!! it means a lot and your opinion will mean a lot more but please legitly try to answer without calling me out on my stupidity

2. rainbowkeyblade

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    It might just be love my dear. You can never be sure...

This might scare you but I dare you to take a chance and ask him about it.

or try approaching him (if you know him well enough..) and ask him whether he's also had some doubts about his sexual oreintation aswell...

Good Luck!(*hug*)

3. Danno17

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Wish I got more opinions x( .. I do appriciate yours tho thank you x)

4. CthulhuFhtagn

Half an hour out from the middle of nowhere.
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi there :slight_smile:

So if he really stares at you as often as you say he does, that could definitely be a sign that he likes you. The only thing I'd mention is that a stare doesn't necessarily mean he's attracted to you; it just means he's thinking about you, which is a little different. Still, it's something! Also, the texting/messaging. He could be trying to avoid you because he's shy/embarrassed about whether he likes you, or he could just be busy. You have to remember that things happen in people's lives that means they can't always instantly respond to stuff like that. But that is not a surefire indicator of whether he cares about you or not. So don't let that worry you.

I don't think you are stupid. I think you are a kid and you are confused and that is fine. Don't beat up on yourself for that! What I would do first is just straight up tell him that you are into guys just to see his reaction. You need to know with 80% certainty that he wouldn't just freak out and explode in your face if you told him you liked him because that's not something anybody needs. Once you've established whether he is okay with same-sex relationships in general or not, you can move on to telling him how you feel.

Also, make sure that you are ready for the worst case scenario. That does NOT mean you have to expect the worst, but just realize that it could. Be prepared, and don't rationalize or concede or anything. Be honest with yourself. If you think there is any chance that he will out you to people you aren't ready to tell yet, or that he will hurt you or anything of that sort, then don't tell him.

I wish you the best of luck. I know that being in love is hard. I'm in a predicament myself right now. My wishes are with you! (*hug*)

5. Aquaman

Aquaman Guest

I get why you are confused. If he used to go through all the trouble of waiting for you after class just to talk to you, then it is really weird that he wouldn't follow up on your FB messages or hang out with you after school.

I'd say when you get a new chance, invite him to hang out after school once again, but to do something interesting, catching a movie or some sports event. Do it as a last attempt. If he doesnt go through with it, perhaps you should move on. If you actually get to hang out with him, then try to know him better, but don't make any major revelations so soon.

Frankly, with what you have explained, it is hard to tell one way or another about him, so try one more time, if anything, just so you won't be wondering in the future. Hope this helps.

6. Danno17

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning

Thank you so much I will definitely take your opinion into part of strategy for comming out lol it's really frustrating to see someone who causes you a lot of pain as someone youll do anything for . I wish you the best of luck with your situation too if you need any advice I can try my best xP(&&&)

---------- Post added 12th Feb 2014 at 09:15 PM ----------

I know he really is confusing the shit out of me and it's driving me insane lol -__- I really appriciate for taking the time for not only reading this really long story but for also taking the time to wright a good response hopefully things will change with me and this guy but far as I can see he's gonna be the same as the rest of the hopeless crushes I've haD:bang: xD

7. dapulu

Flirt with him first :grin:

8. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    try to make the 1st move u will nevr know its til u try :slight_smile:

9. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Best thing to do is talk to him about it or come out to him or both :slight_smile: