1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Algebra Girl

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Iodine, Feb 8, 2014.

1. Iodine

Out Status:
    All but family
    Oh, the woes of high school, right?

So I'm not really that great at meeting at new people, or just talking with new people in general. This presents problems not only when I awkwardly try to talk to someone, i.e. make friends, or in this case, talk to the girl I'm super crushing on.

Her name we (my two friends and I) have adopted for her is Algebra Girl, AG for short. Why, you ask? Well, because we're very original - I see her on my way to algebra, at lunch, on the way back... pretty much just around this one class period.

As you may have guessed, I don't know her name. I am casual acquaintances with one of her close friends (let's call her friend Jackie, for fun), who sits with AG at lunch. Jackie's pretty chill. I'm almost certain that she is a senior and AG is a junior.

However! I do know that she likes Doctor Who, or at least knows of it - she has worn a Doctor Who shirt a few times this year. She might like the same music, too, but I can't be sure.

Okay, background is done. Now, I have no idea how to actually talk to AG and not creepily glance at her every ten seconds at lunch or in the hallways, because this is the mess I'm becoming. We're on the same hall, like five classes down from each other, and she has to pass by my class. I keep on trying to come up with some kind of plan to talk to AG, but one of her moderately intimidating male-friends walks with her. He kind of freaks me out.

Every time I think to myself, "Today's the day," I seriously chicken out, which my friends make fun of me for. They're so supportive. I'll be all full of bravado, then she'll glance at me (with gorgeous green eyes, might I add), and my brain shuts down and tells me to retreat into the nearest cave and never leave.

But even if I do somehow miraculously summon my courage, I have no idea what'll I say. Do I introduce myself and run away? Should I ask for her number? No, that's too forward. Should I channel my inner Pee-Wee Herman and act somewhat silly, or be serious? If I'm too serious, it'll be unfriendly. Or, should I wait until she wears she wears her Doctor Who shirt again and talk to her about it? What if she doesn't wear it again?

These thoughts pretty much take up most of my mind in class - it's impressive I have such a high grade considering my preoccupation, and my supreme butterflies of doom that reside in my stomach when I think of her. Great, I have butterflies right now. Stupid colorful moths. I like dragonflies better anyway.

But any fresh insight would be welcomed with gratefully open arms. My friends are sick of me talking about AG for the past few months. Thank you for reading my ramblings. :icon_wink

2. MissyT

Hey, How about just say hello? You could mention Dr. Who as well. Personally I prefer a funny girl. Serious people are intimidating to me. Good Luck (*hug*)