1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I move on?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by BlueMetalWave, Feb 9, 2014.

1. BlueMetalWave

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hello everyone!

Here's the deal, this past month I've met an amazing guy through some of my friends. Let's call him Jon, he's 31 and I'm 18 so we do have a significant gap in age but that doesn't bother me. We've met at a party that I went with some of my friends, one of them went to pick me up and I met him in the car. We had some small talk and we hit it off pretty fast, we ended up kissing at this party and after that I went out with him every week-end afterwards. Movies, bars with friends and I also spent a day with him at his beach house. He introduced me to one of his best friends who is a very nice girl and even to his ex with whom he recently broke up with after a one year relationship. Everytime we were together he was extremely nice and cute with me, always holding hands with me, kissing me, complimenting me and he even he liked some of the things that I wrote.

Now the problem is that he moved for college, he's going for a second major, in cinema and the place he is attending is so far away it's around 5 hours by plane and I don't have the money to see him frequently. The last time I actually saw him we talked and he said that he really liked the time we spent together and said that we shouldn't stop talking even after he leaves. He left this thursday and I sent him some texts and he does reply but it seems that I'm the one who starts up the conversations and I feel that if I didn't text he wouldn't do the same so I feel like he just agreed with what I said so I didn't feel sad... I don't know when I'll see him again, probably in august and that's not certain. So I ask, should I move on and just consider this a summer fling or should I keep talking to him and hope for the best?

2. sanguine

just let it play out, you're still young, its not like this is your only option.

3. BlueMetalWave

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I guess I'll do just that then... It makes me a bit uneasy to not know what to expect but if any of us could tell the future we wouldn't even get up in the morning. Thank you for taking the time to reply =)