1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PLEASE help for a friend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by CthulhuFhtagn, Feb 9, 2014.

1. CthulhuFhtagn

Half an hour out from the middle of nowhere.
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So I have a friend who is bisexual and he is in quite a tough situation. He wants to come out to his family, or so he has related to me, but his parents are both homophobic, his dad particularly. He makes rude comments when my friend wears this girly coat that I loaned to him (he didn't have one and it's a sort of barrier to stop him from doing bad things I guess?), and they make generally rude comments about gay people. I think that this is tied with his increasingly deteriorating mental health, and while I've tried to help him I don't know whether I should encourage him to tell them or to hide. I'm worried that telling them will cause him pain, but at the same time I don't want him to be in this terrible situation where he feels trapped and suffocated. It makes me really angry at his parents. :tantrum:

Does anyone have any advice? He did just recently get a psychiatrist (after a great deal of arguing with his parents and rude comments from his dad in particular), but I'm worried regardless. I don't want him to fall back into the hole I helped him get out of (he was suicidal for a long time and still harms himself, drinks, etc.). :help: