1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to say HELLO

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by XTREMEZish, Feb 9, 2014.

1. XTREMEZish

So here is the story. I came out at school and everyone is fine with it. I'm in eighth grade and the only person in the eighth grade. My school goes through High School and the only time the High School and middle school interact is for fifteen minutes on Wednesday. The guy I want to talk to is openly gay and is in high school so I will only be able to see him for fifteen minutes. One of my friends is friends with him. She is going to introduce me to him but I don't know what to say. I know he is the only open gay person in high school and I'm the only gay person in middle school. I want to talk to him outside of school and get his number. What do I say to him or tell him to have him give me his number. Like how do I introduce myself to him. :help:

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Treat him like a new friend. So, focus on common interests, hobbies, activities, etc. You might get his email since it will be less awkward to ask for that when you first meet.

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! First off, congrats on coming out at your school, and that your coming out has gone so well. Glad to read that everybody is fine with it.

As resu mentioned, try to focus on things that you two could have in common. Given that both of you are in school, perhaps the easiest way to start would be to ask him, which subjects he likes, or what kind of activities he is involved in. If you find something that the two of you have in common, build on that by sharing your own experiences with it.

If you are having a good time, and you see that he is as well, ask him for his e-mail address, which, as resu mentioned, makes it less awkward, and easier to contact him afterward :slight_smile:

Hope it goes well.

4. XTREMEZish

Cant do email (for some reason I hate emails) and good advice. I hope he likes horror (Look at my profile)