1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Girl told me she likes me, but I'm gay...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ScaredAndScarre, Feb 10, 2014.

1. ScaredAndScarre

If you know my story, you know that I am head over heels for my best friend and former roommate. He doesn't like me back that way.

Now that he's been moved away for two months, I still miss him all the time. I constantly think about him. He knows this, but he hasn't contacted me very much since then.

Today, I got a message from a female friend telling me she likes me. I don't have feelings like that for her. I need help. I don't know what to do. Should I ask my best friend how he dealt with my love for him?

:bang:

2. Clay

You could just tell her you don't want to be in a relationship right now, if you're too scared to come out to her.

3. AloneOutHere

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I wouldn't ask him just because it might seem like you are just making excuses to talk to him. These are two separate situations and I personally would handle them separately. Maybe just talk to the girl for a while and let her know that your focusing on school or work or whatever and you don't really like her that way? I mean however you want to do it. But I would talk to your buddy in depth about whatever is going on in your head and heart if you plan on talking to him again. Just an opinion as always.

4. ScaredAndScarre

Okay it's only been a day but she's been texting me at every waking hour asking me if I'm here. It's already annoying.

5. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You need to be direct with her and say you're not interested.

6. lovely lesbian

You need to tell her you don't like her in that way

7. peace87

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've had this happen to me in college. It's up to you if you want to come out to your friend. I did. And it took her by surprise, but we are still friends today.