1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't know how to explain it....

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Theatertennis17, Feb 10, 2014.

1. Theatertennis17

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I really like this guy, but he is so confusing. A few months ago we were really flirty, and when I asked him if he was gay or bi he replied, "well I have a lot on my mind right now since I'm not entirely over my ex girlfriend (they dated for like over a year I think I don't remember exactly)" Those aren't his exact words, but it was something similar to that, but he never explicitly said "no I do not and never will like guys." After I asked him about that I felt kind of uncomfortable around him, but he seemed normal, and eventually we got back to how we were right after summer; friends who talk a lot.

Here comes the problem.....

We do theater together, and we recently started are latest show. During the process of rehearsal we have been kind of flirty again. Like we playfully make fun of each other, and just the other day he sat on my lap in the middle of rehearsal. He knows I'm gay, so I honestly have no idea if I'm just reading into his actions too much, or if I'm seeing that he likes me.

When we talked about him possibly being gay/bi he did mention that he has to figure things out with his ex girlfriend before he could move on to something else, and we had Christmas break where he could've possibly talked to her. Am I getting my hopes up for no reason or does it seem like something is possibly there?

2. WearyWanderer

Something could very well be there. He's not flat-out denying it, so he's probably at least questioning his orientation. And if he knows you're gay and is flirting with you like that, then there could be something more. However, and this is just my personal opinion, I think you should not push things with him. He obviously still seems a little bit uncomfortable, since he isn't really giving you much of an answer. Let him figure himself out in his own time.

If the flirting continues, just see where it goes. But I would definitely not try to rush things with this guy. Take it slow, see if he wants to make a move or not. Or maybe, nonchalantly, ask how his ex is doing and if he's patched things up with her. Whatever you do, be supportive and understanding, because he may be going through a lot right now.

Just my personal advice. Obviously, I don't know the entire situation, so in the end you would be the best judge. :slight_smile: