1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guilt for the Past

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by BucKeTz, Feb 10, 2014.

1. BucKeTz

2 years ago, I was a senior in high school. I was extremely unsure about myself and my orientation. This girl did seem to have a crush on me, and at the time, I thought it was real for me, too. Anyways, I lost my virginity to her and it was the final nail in the coffin to tell me I was gay, but she pushed hard for more sex. I tried to tell her I was gay and that I needed to end this (in nicer words with much better timing) and she got sad and angry. We broke up and instantly she went around telling everyone I was gay. Luckily for me, she was known to be a gossip and I was able to pass it off as a," she is just upset that I dumped her" thing. Until recently, I never felt bad about it, but now I have some more insight. I got with her pretty much to try and sleep with her and establish myself as straight. I did it to make sure my peers knew I was a "manly man." She was not a good girlfriend, and though she never did cheat on me, she would ask me to stop hanging out with longtime female friends, but ignore me when I said to stay away from the guy telling her to cheat on me with him. It was a bad relationship, but she did not deserve to get used.

I honestly don't know what I expect any of you guys to do, but I feel at least a little better discussing this. I can't talk to any of my friends or family because I'm still closeted, so........yeah. Thanks for any advice/insight/criticism you may have.

Cordially,
    BucKeTz

2. Tectonic

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Live and learn brotha! It's in the past, forget about it. Honestly, I wouldn't be feeling any guilt at all with the way she acted during and after your relationship with her. At least now you're sure that you're gay, so you won't have to do that again!

3. boyatstake

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hello there,

It's okay not to feel guilty, it's okay not to feel so bad that way. We cannot change the past so just look at it as a chapter of your story life.

I dont know who you are but seems like you are a good man, she did not deserve your love, you did the best you could, accept who you are ( like i am trying to) dont let that memorie affect too much on ur mind now :slight_smile: think about it again and smile, treasure it and keep moving on. There are a lot of amazing next chapters to unfold.

My sharing personally sounds lame and useless but I just wanna speak out my mind, Hopefully it does not bother you :slight_smile: All the best of luck ahead. You'll get over it soon :slight_smile:

#3 boyatstake, Feb 10, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2014