1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do I do, I think I love my boyfriend but I don't want to be in love?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Beware Of You, Feb 11, 2014.

1. Beware Of You

I have a boyfriend, it is pretty obvious he loves and I have realised that I love him back, I can't stop thinking about him if I am honest.

This sounds stupid but I am not sure if I want to be in love, I don't think I am ready for a serious relationship (I am only 23) !

2. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If you both love each other, stick with it. I'm sure it can be kind of scary as things get serious, but you'll probably regret it pretty quickly if you break it off.

3. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "I am not sure if I want to be in love"

That doesn't sound stupid...depending on your answer to this question:

What does 'being in love' actually mean to you?

4. Beware Of You

A feeling that I can't stop thinking of him, and that I want to spend my life with him.

5. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think things have to get really serious just because you love each other. You just have to make sure you communicate well to each other.

6. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would first ask him his intentions before you do anything and go from there. If he is in love with you and wants something serious in his future not just a short term relationship with you than I would be honest with him and break it off before anyone gets hurt. I am one of those guys that all I need is somebody I can love and cherish all my life and even if it is at 20 or 30 and if it is my first relationship I don't care I will happy being forever together with my first love. I have that now at 23 and can't ask for anything better. Everyone is different when it comes to love and relationships and all I need is love no one night stand is better than what I have.

7. Akatosh

Not sure if problem.

---------- Post added 12th Feb 2014 at 12:29 AM ----------

Not trying to discount your issue. I'm 28, never been in love, never had a relationship, or any type of sexual relationship.

Sometimes I think I'm cursed; that I'm a sociopath who is desperately trying to fit in and appear normal, and honestly failing at it. People only get so close to me in life and progress ceases to be made. Many of my best friends are closely bonded through familiarity, similar interests, and I know most of them share the same socio-tendencies that I feel I do.

My point in all this is, your complaint appears boastful to me. NOT saying you're being boastful, but in my mind your complaint is just a shining example of something I don't believe is obtainable for me. From my perspective, you don't know what you have. And you know when you figure out what you do have? (rhet)

When you do not have it anymore.

#7 Akatosh, Feb 11, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2014