1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to spark a conversation?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by BryanM, Feb 11, 2014.

1. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So normally I never see any gay guys in my area that I find attractive... the only exception is Quiz Bowl. I'm not going to lie, since freshman year, I've known that there have been three or four openly gay/bi guys at Quiz Bowl meets I've been at. There are two or three that have worn gay pride bracelets at a meet (one graduated), and one or two that are open about it, and a couple more I kind of suspect about. Let me just say, some of these guys are pretty darn cool. Not even in a relationship sense for some of them, some of them seem like they would be really awesome just to be friends and hang out with. They're all remarkably intelligent, and they aren't bad looking on the eyes. I saw two of them on one team tonight, and it was like all three of us were trying to outmatch each other with correct answers (Their team won handily, but I think I outanswered both of them personally :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:). The thing is, I have no clue about how to spark a conversation with them. Matches last about an hour, and the time between matches is remarkably short. I don't want to be a creeper and try to look them up on social media or anything like that, because honestly that would freak me out if someone did that to me. I have no clue how to spark a conversation in as little time is allotted, and I have no clue how to ask them for their phone number/facebook/twitter/etc. Any advice would be very much appreciated. :slight_smile:

2. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Is there a Facebook group or fan page for the quiz bowl league in your area?

3. ThePhoenix

If there isn't why not start one that might be a way to introduce yourself and have a subject to talk about.

4. IJustWantToLove

You could go up to them after the match and congratulate them for winning or compliment them on a specific answer or something, maybe enlarge upon a specific question (of a topic that's of interest to you) to see if you have similar interests or something.

5. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe try complimenting them whether it's on their outfit or having great answers. Just go up and introduce yourself and see what they like to do. For example let's say you recently saw a great movie, ask if they've seen it and if so what they thought about it, it'll help give you something to talk about and see what they are interested in.