1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting Divorced

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by StarGaze, Feb 11, 2014.

1. StarGaze

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So, I understand that no one wants to read about people getting divorced, however, it's pretty much all I think about at this current moment in time. I got married to this guy three months ago...and it all just fell apart. Three months! I feel like I have failed. I wasn't attracted to him, I don't know why I thought I could make it work, probably because I thought it was 'right' (according to my religion, at least) and I thought it would work out given time and devotion to my church. The longer we were together, the more things I noticed about him that I didn't like, and I'll admit it, I found myself looking at other people...mostly women. Could it be that my sexual orientation contributed to our divorce? Has anyone else ever gotten married and found themselves in a similair situation?

I know it's almost too early in this situation to be asking, but is it possible I could be happy with a girl? I always find myself looking, I've tried to change my orientation but was unable to. I'm just super attracted to women, a lot more than men, and I could see myself being happier with a girl than with a guy. Granted, that thought may be rash, due to the current circumstances, but I've always felt this way. I'm just really confused and not sure about where to take my life. I don't live in a big city, and the lgbt community is very, very small and limited.

I guess my question is this:

Should I even start dating yet? I think I'd be okay to, but if so, where could I even find a woman to date? Honestly speaking, there are plenty of men in this town, just no women and I think that's something I would enjoy. I also feel like maybe I wouldn't be accepted in an lgbt community because I'm not a lesbian, I'm just bisexual. I don't know what to do.

If you actually read this, thank you, and any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. LovelyBunny

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    first ill answer your questions.
    1. no u shouldn't start dating, most people I believe need a cooling time after divorcing. Divorce is a very serious and emotional time for most and I think it would be better to just have sometime to yourself, be with friends and family. And understand when and how your relationship failed and how to prevent from happening again, finish unresolved emotions and recollect yourself.
    *you will find a rebound/settle if you decide to look for someone rite now, to distract you from your unresolved emotions- it wont work and will leave you heart broken*

then you can date : )
    2. -You can find women online,lgbt groups, lesbian bars/clubs- pretty much anywhere if you look hard enough.

3. The lgbt community will except you,even though your bi as long as your true and honest about your sexuality. you shouldn't have problem.

3. StarGaze

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks for the advice. You're right, rebounding isn't good and I'm probably not ready yet lol

4. Simple Thoughts

If you don't love someone, don't be with them.

Especially never let family, religious, or community pressures force you into something you don't want. It doesn't matter what anyone else has to say, you're the only on who ever truly knows what will make you happy. So don't let other people try to live your life for you :slight_smile:

I agree. Don't jump back into the dating world because divorces are messy. They tend to leave a sour taste in people's mouth. You'd be better off giving yourself some time to reflect inwardly so don't worry too much about dating just yet.

The LGBT community will accept you. There is no worries there :slight_smile:

So do what you feel is best and go be happy ^^