1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I met this guy on ******

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by JayR, Feb 13, 2014.

1. JayR

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I met this guy from online. We're currently on "flirting stage" and we text everyday for almost a week now. I wasn't taking him seriously but now I feel a bit of attachment(i don't know what kind of feelings). I kinda miss him when he doesn't text me, and I'm not happy about it. I don't even know what he looks like. Have you guys experienced this before? Can you really fall in love with someone you just met online? Can I hear your story? Shed me some light please :slight_smile:

2. duende84

Heya! That is a great feeling hey? But may I say, from experience, that you must just be careful with your "heart". Ohhh man, don't get me started on my "text" loves... :frowning2:

3. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'll second Duende on that, chances are it is legit, but chances are that there may be "surprises". Be careful, the scum who do these things to people have no conscience!

4. peace87

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    That can be dangerous territory. Ask for a facebook, and ask for pictures. You don't want to be like that football player who was lead on for 2 years. If you meet someone from online, meet in a public place. If it goes further, always use protection. Always assume someone is HIV positive. My advice....

5. Isandra

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh yes you can! I fell in love with people I "met" online several times and I never had trouble with it. I do find it important to hear someones voice rather early, the rest? Well that doesn't matter. I am down to earth and I don't have high expectations when I haven't met them irl yet and maybe I'm naïef in those things but I believe you fall in love with a personality and yes, I do believe in the good that is in every person and sure, I know there are people who pretend to be someone else online but well, I toke the chances and I have some wonderful friends trough the WWW :slight_smile:

But always think about what you want in an online contact, if you want to meet up soon, tell that to the other person, be clear about your wishes and always stay honest and true to yourself. There will always be people who claim that an online friendship/love isn't possible, I just don't agree with them :slight_smile:

6. Annon

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Be 100% sure it is NOT a CATFISH!!!
    Make sure he is interested too, you not just someone to fill the time with when he's bored. I used to do it, I didn't used to be a very nice person at one point. So, look out for yourself and don't get too attached.

7. emkorora

emkorora Guest

I fell in love with several men online. The first was over an online game and totally unexpected. I wholeheartedly loved him, but I was young and naive. We were not right for each other. :slight_smile:

The next was over an inadvertent website that was similar to this (a forum).

There was another, too, but I digress.

I've met my current boyfriend online and he is coming (today, actually) from MI to meet me for the first time. Love is blind, remember? Although physical attraction and pictures can enhance your passion, the love you can find with people across the world is just as tangible and legitimate. :slight_smile:

8. African boy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    hey that's how i met Adam and we have been together for almost 2 years now so it can happen

---------- Post added 13th Feb 2014 at 04:16 PM ----------

but be careful dont get to hooked till you meet /see him

9. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Fall in love? I would say I don't think so. Fall really hard for someone? Absolutely. When I was younger and questioning myself I was on a website where I met quite a few people and one of the girls I met we ended up getting very close to the point we would talk every summer and then go our separate ways when school would start. Well this year I messages her and expected to talk for a month or so and then go our separate ways (that was back in July) and were still talking. I've definetly fallen for this girl and she says she feels the same way about me. As of right now were hoping to meet up later this year. So yes it can work and it is possible to fall for someone you don't really know. As for pictures, you could take one of yourself and send it to him, and see if he'll send you one back.

10. ThePhoenix

My only relationships were online but only one ended on good terms so be cautious.

11. JayR

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks for all the messages guys :slight_smile: I think I'm keeping this guy for a while and ask him on a real date sometime. As for my heart, I'll be careful with it just as what you guys said.