1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panic! My life

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Nihonokage, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Nihonokage

Okay so today I asked the person I like out. We've been friends for a while, best friends too... well he's my best friend anyway. His response was "I don't know"... what should I take that as? I'm obviously hoping it's as it sounds, but I can't help but worry it's a "I don't want to upset you, but no"... What do you think?

2. Nick07

well, that's not much information :slight_smile:

Did he know you had feelings for boys or was it a shock for him? Are you sure he is gay? Is he out?

3. Nihonokage

Oh he knows I'm bi/ very close to 100% gay. I know he's bi... I think (at least) we have a close relationship so... I wish kinda hoping to take the next step... although I just ment from you experience is that normally a good sign or not?

---------- Post added 13th Feb 2014 at 08:36 PM ----------

I don't know if I should be feeling optimistic or pessimistic, if that makes sense. I just don't want to get my hopes you for no reason, but at the same time I was to be hopeful and it's kinda making me nervous hehe

4. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    He could possibly just be scared of getting into a relationship especially if he's never been in one before. To me it kind of sounds like a let me think about it type situation. But there wasn't.a lot of information given.

5. Nihonokage

Well here's how things have been before now http://emptyclosets.com/forum/family-friends-relationships/117504-updates.html (I've talked about him already on this forum)

Recently he's told me he can trust me with anything... I was so happy. I think he broke up with his boyfriend (I think that's what it was) fairly recently. I wouldn't of asked him out if it hadn't of been for today... although I was still probably just being selfish... :'( But I do really want to go out with him.... although apparently he talked about it with some of my other friends today... I don't know how to feel about that, I mean I'm glad he's taking it seriously but I also want to know what was said and how he said it. :/

6. tjmc00

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    He could be struggling with the prior break up. Most people don't want to jump into a new relationship quickly after ending the prior one. He likely needs sometime to breathe. Also, if you are his best friend, he may be concerned that he will lose you if the relationship doesn't work out.

7. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ask him one more time and see what he says. But if he says he still doesn't know, just leave him be for a while