1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sick And Tired Of Parents

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ZenMusic, Feb 14, 2014.

1. ZenMusic

Before anyone starts, this is not me being a spoiled brat. I am sick and tired of my parents constant negativity.Everytime I disagree with my mum, respectfully, I am accused of being rude, and my dad is the most stubborn, narrow-minded person I have ever met, and uses a manipulation tactic to make you feel bad for having your own opinion.here are times where I wonder how my brother and sister turned out was because of them. It's not enough that they both feign acceptance( Although it's quite obvious my mum doesn't know a thing, and she doesn't try to either, and my dad seems to think I'm less of a man for being gay.) of my sexuality. They need to destroy any shred of individuality I have. Is there any way I can deal with this?

2. XTREMEZish

Going through the same thing right now with my mom. Hang in there. Wish you the best of luck

3. cruuuzz

cruuuzz Guest

well, im 14 and i'm going through the same but worse, my solution is to go to ncssm(early college) or in your case secondary school i think its called?

4. ZenMusic

I'm already at secondary school, but I can go to college at my age.

5. Seanathon

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Sit down with them and be open about your feelings. Ask them to be more respectful and mindful of your feelings and hopefully they'll react positively.

6. GayDadStr8Marig

you know, its bad enough when parents pull this garbage with their adult children, but on a 14 year old, it really is beyond being sick, it is cruel. maybe you can talk to them, or maybe round up other family to rally to your aide? I'm sorry, but I just have no patience with parents that can treat their kids like that. (*hug*)

7. ZenMusic

My Dad uses a manipulation tactic where he makes you feel bad for having your own opinion, luckily it doesn't work from me, and judging from the vitriolic, acid-tongued hate he was spewing yesterday, I am a MUCH better person than he is.

8. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Buddy MY MOM IS THE SAME WAY I JUST DONT TALK TO HER

9. jonnemack

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Honestly? As soon as you get your financial independance, run away. Live in a bigger city, far away from where you were raised and give time some time, just like that.

People grow older, you'll grow older as well. Maturity will give you a better chance of analysing things the way they should be. It's gonna be hard, but by the time you get in this situation, try to forget your parents, focus on your professional life or something.

Years later, try to get in touch again, and be ready to move on, if the tension still exists.

By the way, idk if the rules permit, but help me with me thread. Thanks in advance.

http://emptyclosets.com/forum/famil...not-so-well-planned-but-still-valid-work.html

10. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have kind of the same problem. My family accepts my sexuality but now that I am the happiest I ever been in my life my family treats me like I am selfish for not thinking of their feelings or what makes them comfortable. It is like I have to trade life to fit a life that meets their expectations. I made mistakes in my life and made hard decisions that had to be made and I cannot regret any of it.

You need to live your life according to your expectations and do what makes you happy. Don't let your family or anyone else hold you back. I hope you can get through this rough patch. It was almost unbearable for me.

11. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I had problems with my parents I always just crashed with my friends.