1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

drunk sex with friend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by BrokenBoy, Feb 14, 2014.

1. BrokenBoy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I need advice. My best friend just turned 21 last week and we took me out with him when he got drunk for the first legal time haha. And I was the driver.

I drove him home that night and he was drunk off his ass, and he started to come on too me and I wasn't drunk but I still let him do it because I always wanted to but he says he straight. We had sex and he doesnt remember anything from what I have seen.

Do I tell him what happened? Or not. Any advice if I do tell him? I dont want to ruin out friendship.

2. Claudette

Claudette Guest

you will have to be very delicate with the situation.
    becuase (I don't want to point blame) you sorta took advantage of him, but he definitely needs to know.
    I would start off by asking him if he remembers anything at all. I'm not keen on the details as to who penetrated who, but if he penetrated you, ask if he had any "callers" over or maybe his gf after you dropped him off.
    but again delicate is the key word here!

3. BrokenBoy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I was penetrated yes. And you are right. I did take advantage of the situation and him. And thats what im worried about, will he hate me for it. Thats why I need advice telling him. He also isnt a very... understanding guy.

ill def be delicate with this because I dont want to lose the friendship.

4. Tectonic

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'd agree with Plenilune.

I'll add, though, that I think that he remembers. That's not exactly some shit you just forget. There have been times that I have been totally smashed, yet I can still recall those nights. There was one time that I was so hammered that I was probably one drink away from having to go to a hospital. I passed out on the ground outside of my buddy's house only waking up to puke. Yet, I still remember that night pretty well, and that was 14 years ago.

5. BrokenBoy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Then I have another question. If he remembers why has he been so... normal? I would think he would have been sorta.. I dunno like awkward or he would avoid me. Or maybe mention it?

Now im just even more scared haha

6. Claudette

Claudette Guest

maybe, he's hiding his homosexuality, afraid of it?
    maybe he does remember like Tectonic says, and is brushing under the rug, to lock away?
    I'm not a gay male... so i can only offer observances =/ I am sorry

7. BrokenBoy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I think you may be right.
    So many things happening at once omg haha

8. Tectonic

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'd have to agree with Plenilune again.

He probably is just feeling the exact way you are right now. Nervous and scared. Probably thinks that it will be awkward to mention it.

#8 Tectonic, Feb 14, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2014
  9. dapulu

If he's acting like nothing happenned and doesn't talk about it then I highly recommend you don't touch the subject unless you want to start a loooong journey of feelings between you and him.

Does he know you're gay? Do you actually want to stay friends? There're a lot of factors that could be playing here...

Best of wishes and good luck :slight_smile:

10. Amazo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Hey... there I might be to strict but here goes nothing and don't take my words for bad... just an opinion :wink:

1, Real friends never take an advantage of friends... if its the first time... he might forgive you.
    2, I don't think he's straight after all.... I mean if he had sex with you... he could be gay, cuz then that would mean me being drunk and... having sex with a girl... if u catch my drift.

To me if I was straight... I don't think I would have sex with another guy... cuz no matter what u do when you're drunk you do realise what your doing. Its up to you what you do next. All the best luck bud.

11. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've long felt that most of the stuff that happens when people are drunk happens with their (partial or full) memory of it, but that the alcohol provides a commonly understood social contract where it's acceptable to do things you'd never do sober and then claim to have no memory of them.

That is what I think happened here. He was curious about having sex with a guy and used this as an excuse to do so.

Ordinarily I am of the belief that authenticity and transparency is an absolute in any relationship that means anything. The problem here is... the social contract that comes with alcohol sort of changes that.

I think you could reasonably not say anything and not feel a lot of guilt. While he was not sober and you were, and you did sort of take advantage, I strongly suspect he knew what was going on.

If you do choose to talk to him, I'd start very delicately, maybe by saying that some things happened when he was drunk, that it has no effect on your friendship, how you view him, or anything else, but as his friend, you felt that he might want to talk about it. And then follow his lead. If he's open, gently go a little further. If not, let it go.

More than likely there was at least some curiosity about same-sex sexual behavior on his part, and whether it was just one-time curiosity or the start of a coming out process for him... you don't have any way of knowing. But you can make it clear that if he wants to talk, you'll be there.

If I were in that situation, I think that's the route I'd take.

12. Tectonic

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    This. Exactly.

I've had my share of drunken stupors, and there have been pieces of my nights that have gone missing from memory, but never any parts where I made a conscious decision to do something.

If you're a guy and make a conscious decision to have sex with another guy (topping no less), then you won't forget it.

13. Ravi-VIXX777

From my perspective, I feel that the dude was using you. The way you word it makes it seem like he wanted to have sex with you, so he brought you (only you?). And for the first time, he got quite drunk. I'm sure he has heard stories like this.

If he was stable enough to have sex, especially being the top, then he was at least somewhat conscious of his actions.

I understand why you'd consider it rape, but I'm positive it was the drunk guy leading it on. Not to mention, in sex it is usually the one who is receiving has the most consent, unless the top is like strapped down aha.

14. BrokenBoy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    The laws could have been PMed to me instead of going on and on about it just clogging up my thread. Honestly. You very damn well knew that stating anything of the sort that involved laws would have attracted opposing comments so take into heart that maybe im already stressed enough and would have preferred a PM. To be honest, the PM would have helped me. But know any stranger on here and assume im some sort of monster and call me a rapist. I dont care if its a public thread, think before you post.

as for everyone else, I started talking to him yesterday evening, he had just gotten off work and I sent him a text telling him that I was stressed and needed to get out of the house. My car was snowed in so he picked me up. We were heading to pick up a few other friends when I slowly started mentioning it to him.
    He stopped me and his exact words
    "I know what your gonna talk about and yes I remember. Dude it was just a little fun so get over it"
    then smiled a little and laughed a little and we picked up our friends and that was it... nothing has happened since like he hasnt mentioned anything. Like is this good? Or.m idk guys

15. Ghost93

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm glad that worked out. :lol:

I would be more concerned about the friend getting labeled a rapist. Drunk or not, he is 21 and BrokenBoy is 17.

#15 Ghost93, Feb 15, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2014
  16. Pat

Pat

I mean, let's be real here. There's tons of us who have slept with someone we weren't supposed to. As the adult, you know better. As the child, you're attracted to grown ass men. Two wrongs don't make a right. In my state, someone 16 can give consent for sex.. so it's really coming down to how ya feel about all that jazz. The topic at hand is what he's asking about.. and when it comes to that, I would say that the odds are that he knows already. And that going into depth about it can make things pretty weird. If you don't have an intention to do it again, just let it go.. if you want to do it again, and want to make sure that it's a mutual experience, then you should have the conversation with the guy. In the grand scheme of things, dating someone 4 years younger than you isn't a big friggin' deal. 21/17 isn't bad to me if it's just sex. I do agree that psychologically, it often isn't in the best interest of the teenager. 21 year olds are legal adults, but very much children most of the time any way.

17. BrokenBoy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    update

so he has a new girlfriend. I guess when he said it was just a little fun, he meant it. I want to tell him that I love him. We have been friends for so long but idk. I thought he was gay when he told me the sex was for fun and that he remembered.

Idk what to do. Tell him I love him? Let him be so he can enjoy his life? Idk. I think im just done. Is this what heartbreak is???

18. Pat

Pat

Welcome to the Unrequited Lovers Club. Lol. He has all the power in whatever you think you want to pursue... so why bother? I think you have to move on. I've been here more times than I care to share. Start seeking out gay men. Where you're sure they're gay, and emotions can be reciprocated. If he ever wants to come around, he'll know where to find you.

19. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There's one thing you know for certain: He has a girlfriend. That's literally *all* you know.

He could totally be straight, and have wanted a one-time opportunity to try out being with a guy... or he could be coming to terms with being gay, scared shitless, and ran for the first girl he could find to try and convince himself he's straight. I've seen both happen. The fact that he admitted that he remembered, and it was "a little fun" leads me to believe that he's not 100% straight... but for now, you have to take him at his word, and pushing the issue will only damage the friendship you currently have.

As hard as it is, I'd say don't tell him you love him now, as that will just cloud the friendship. Just be there for him and be his friend (if you can do so without being upset or grouchy or jealous.) And if he goes further down the path and figures out he likes guys... then if you're maintaining that friendship, perhaps he'll talk to you about it.

I can imagine what it must feel like for you right now, and it isn't good. I think if I were in your shoes, I'd try and focus on maintaining a friendship, being supportive, and just let the cards fall where they will.

20. Tectonic

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    IMO, he's gay or bi and just rushed into a relationship with a girl to try to cover up that fact. But even if I'm correct, I still think you should just let it go. If he is gay or bi, then he obviously doesn't want to be labeled as such right now and telling him that you have feelings for him probably won't go over so well.