1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Talking to a guy, need advice..

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ChristianHipstr, Feb 14, 2014.

1. ChristianHipstr

So.. I kinda got to a point of loneliness that led me to downloading a mobile dating service..
    I met a really nice guy on there, we've talked the past 3 days and have a lot in common. Yesterday we were talking and he asked to see more pictures of me (clean of course) because I only had 1 on the app. So we exchanged numbers and I sent him 2 pictures and sent a text with them asking if he got them.. But I never got a response and just asked "what's up" after I got out of school that day. Now it's been a while and still no response... I really don't want to seem desperate, but I'd like to know if he just isn't interested anymore so I can give up. He's in college, so I could understand if he's busy, but would it really hurt to say something else? Just for a reminder that I'm still interested?

2. tjmc00

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It's tough to know what to do in these situations. How frequent was your communication prior to the current silence? A gap doesn't necessarily mean a problem or that he isn't interested, he could just be busy. Did he respond at all via text? Could you have the wrong number?

3. ChristianHipstr

It's the right number, he sent a picture too. And the longest communication gap was 7 hours, which is because he went to work at 5 and he responded at 12 before he went to bed. And I know he could be busy, but I'm just wondering if I should say anything to him to let him know I'm at least still interested?

4. King

What kind of pictures were they? Appropriate ones I assume? And how prompt he is usually at responding to your messages?

He may not like the look of you, but if so it just shows how shallow he is and you should not be disheartened and move on from this idiot.

HOWEVER don't jump to conclusions yet and wait for a response first.

5. ChristianHipstr

Honestly, I think the picture I had on my profile for that app was worse than the 2 I sent him. And it was simply a picture of me with my friends and me and the other was me in a suit. And he was fairly prompt before, other than that gap from when he was working his longest response was like 1hr.

6. tjmc00

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I would give him at least a full day before reaching out again. As King said, if you were having a nice interaction and he cuts it off after this, then he may be pretty shallow.

It seems like you are a bit sheepish about using an internet dating service; don't be. Technology brings people together in ways it never has before and you can form a lasting bond with someone you meet online.

7. ChristianHipstr

It's been about a day though. Yesterday I was half expecting a response late at night again, but he didn't :/ I just feel like he might be thinking the same way and be expecting a response from me? Idk. But if it's been a day should I reach out again? And if yes, what should I say?
    On the dating service, it tells me if he reads the message.. So maybe I should use that instead of text and if he reads it and doesn't respond I guess it'll be obvious.

8. ChristianHipstr

I was thinking of saying either "Hey, still there?" or "Are you even still interested?".. I don't want to seem like I'm chastising him in case he is busy :/ but I just want to know how I should feel

9. peace87

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've had that happen to me once. If he usually responds right away or within a certain amount of time, and now nothing. This means he probably didn't like the pictures and ain't interested. This is good though. A lot of gay guys are superficial like that. Just Thank your luck stars that this happened right away. I wouldn't text back. But it's up to you? Good luck :slight_smile:

10. ChristianHipstr

Call me stupid and naive.. But he doesn't seem like other gay guys, he's sweeter, and has better goals in life than finding a good person to sleep with. He actually seems to want a good guy at heart. At least that's what I saw :/

11. King

You can never tell peoples true motivations. Whilst his lack of response sounds shallow there may be a less sinister reason .e.g he may feel like you are too good looking for him and is afraid he may get hurt, or thinks you are too young.

Despite saying that just leave it until tomorrow and say 'hey you still there?' or something, and if he doesn't respond then move on.

12. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's best to take things at face value rather than looking into hidden meanings. Set a specific time for yourself that you will wait for him, and if it passes, just remember you tried to do everything on your part to make it work, so it wasn't your fault if this falls through. You will definitely find someone else, and you'll learn to recognize and appreciate someone who is consistent.

13. King

Has he responded yet?

14. ChristianHipstr

Nope.. I'm convinced he isn't interested

15. awesomeyodais

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    In the "conspiracy theory dept", maybe he knows one of your friends in the picture...

16. King

Perhaps its best to simply move on, there are plenty more fish in the sea.

The speculation by awesomeyodias is interesting, it could be true or it could be for a number of other reasons so try not to be disheartened.

17. ChristianHipstr

Oddly enough, one of my friends was extremely popular at the main school
    Around his area, so he could know who she was. But regardless, I don't know of any one person that dislikes my friends, if anything it'd have been a good thing lol.

---------- Post added 15th Feb 2014 at 08:07 PM ----------

And yes, that's my plan. I just wish it could be easier to find someone.:icon_sad: