1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Genderfluid Dating Advice?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by beloved, Feb 14, 2014.

1. beloved

Out Status:
    Some people
    First and foremost, I'm asking this out of curiosity and not because I'm looking to date. I just got divorced from a very toxic marriage and I doubt I'm ready for any sort of relationship.

With that being said, I'm genderfluid. When I'm male, or feel male however you want to phrase it, I'm more attracted to feminine or androgynous men. If I'm biologically female, how does that work when my preference as a guy is other men? Because gay guys aren't going to want to date me? Why is this so confusing? Lol. Every time I think about this, I think to myself, "Why can't I be biologically male? This would be so much easier."

Anyways, how does one date when you are genderfluid? Better yet, does anyone date a genderfluid person and how do you, I don't know, deal with the gender fluidity?

2. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

Oh my god...this is the hardest question I've never read before! :grin:

I'll say you, I have a similar problem.
    I'm genderqueer and I love girls. My behaviour are always manly and when I stay with a girls, I feel like...straight.

I often wonder to myself if I can date a lesbian girl and (first of all) if I want near to me a lesbian. Because a lesbian wants a girl near to her, not a man-born-female as me...and also because my desire is having a straight girl (or al least pansexual) falling in love with me.

So, I don't know. Lesbian girls? Straight girls? Pansexual girls?
    The last one seems the best.

#2 FireSmoke, Feb 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2014
  3. beloved

Out Status:
    Some people
    Ugh. As if being genderqueer or genderfluid isn't difficult enough. Haha.

Yeah, Pansexual seems the way to go. But it's just finding a pansexual guy that's androgynous or feminine? I feel like that's searching for a unicorn. Lmao.

4. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

:grin: I was joking :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. beloved

Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm so confused, lmao. Well, okay then.

6. Demyx

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    I know this is an old post (something to the tune of 3 years old by this point, in fact), but considering this post came up with a quick Google (and I believe helped answer a question of my own), I figure it's still worth replying here in case anyone else stumbles across these posts while looking for answers.

There are people in your boat on the opposite side of the spectrum, too! I'm a genderfluid male, and my preference is androgynous/masculine females. Unfortunately, I can't really speak about what dating's like (I mean, I was asked to homecoming in High School, but that doesn't really count), but I totally empathize with the "Why can't I be biologically [the opposite sex]? This would be so much easier" sentiment XD.

---------- Post added 21st Jan 2017 at 06:23 AM ----------

Er, "empathize" should read "sympathize" (surprised there's no "Edit Post" option)