1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do I get a boyfriend in high school?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by casper, Feb 15, 2014.

1. casper

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay so I am out to the most important people in my life and nobody had any problem with it but I really really just want a boyfriend now. I never have been in a real relationship because well I just figured out I was gay so I never really tried finding anybody. But now I do want to find someone but how do I find someone !!!! I know zero gay boys and I only know 2 boys who I think are gay but they or not what I am looking for. I haven't came out to everyone in my school yet because well I just don't see why I would and because the situation could become a bit uncomfortable in the dressing room for sport class. But next school year I do want to come out to everyone because it is my last year and I just want to be able to be myself in my last year of school. Has any of you guys had a boyfriend in high school and how did you meet him then because I am kinda clueless here hahaha

2. Ravi-VIXX777

Never had one, but I am told the totally coming out does help. A guy told me that some closet gay guys will be interested in you. Sadly, the best advice is to stop looking for one. Why? Because you won't be putting energy into finding that one person, but focusing on yourself, which will make you a better person, a person someone might take interest.

You could try networking with the gay guys you know. Goodluck!

3. casper

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    yeah I figured the advice would be to come out completely hahaha but the thing is that this is the last normal school year and I think I want to wait until next year to come out to everyone. But I want a boyfriend soooooo freaking bad !!! I feel kinda alone even though I have amazing friends and everyone is nice to me but it is not the same as having someone you can hold and that holds you back.

4. Ravi-VIXX777

Lol I understand what you mean aha. I'm on my last year and basically came out to myself and others if they ask. I'm secretly doing my artwork on my coming out story and will showcase them. Would you consider online dating?

5. casper

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well it is not that I have something against online dating but I think that I want to have some experience before I start online dating and I also think that it is better to meet someone in person because then you get the initial spark and with online dating that is so forced. I don't know if that made any sense but that is how I feel about it hahaha

6. Ravi-VIXX777

No it makes a lot of sense. I would prefer physical involvement in a relationship with that spark you speak of, which adds to the chemistry

7. casper

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    exactly!!! But I just don't know how to spot a gay guy hahaha my gaydar is not activated if you know what I mean :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8. Ravi-VIXX777

I understand. Mines busted after failed attempts :bang:

9. Frost

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I wish I could help you. I was homeschooled so I did online dating until I was 17, then I went out and started actively looking (if you know what I mean). But sleeping around is not the way to do it, which I learned the hard way. Fast forward about 3 years and I just happened to meet the guy I'd been waiting for. And all I can say is when you finally meet him, just knows it's definitely worth the wait. ;-)

10. casper

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I want to meet "him" too :frowning2: I am Kinda desperate right now and it sucks !!!!