1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I might've fallen for a friend. some insight would be helpful

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ogzltheeve, Feb 16, 2014.

1. ogzltheeve

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I have a small hunch a friend of mine MIGHT possibly like me. Either the signs are VERY subtle or I'm flat out wrong and she's just being friendly. we've been in each other's class for 2 years but it wasn't until last year that we started to talk and hang out. We were inseparable last year. Whenever class use to end last semester we would wait for each other and walk each other out. she never really did that with anyone else. So every time class would end it was sort of awkward because it seemed like we were both stalling while we're packing our bags without making it obvious that we're waiting to walk each other out. Like we won't directly come up to each other and ask to walk each other. it's sort of like happens. and if on the days where we don't walk each other out or say goodbye she gets SLIGHTLY offended by it. This semester we don't have any class together and I knew she was upset about that. she would message me a couple times and tell me that she misses me. There were also several times when I wouldn't go to class and she would text me "miss you!!" None of my CLOSE friends do it as much as she does.

I went out a couple weeks ago and she was offended that I didn't ask her to go out so the following week she texted me and asked if i was going out and so we both went out with our mutual friends. she seemed a little overly dressed. and she also seemed a little jealous that another friend of ours kept talking to me. she got really drunk that night and ended up vomiting and I had to help her the entire night. That day we went out with friends, one of our mutual friends was telling me how she kept asking for me and if I was going to show up. yet she didn't text me and asked if I was. and that night that we went out me and her drove to the bar and on our way there she mentioned how I'm pretty much the reason why she enjoys going to New Paltz now (the college that we both go to) I wouldn't have guessed that's what she thought. but ever since we became friends I guess that's when we both started enjoying our time in college more. After helping her that night from being drunk she posted on her twitter the next day "be my lover, my lady river" (which is a song) maybe she didn't direct it to anyone but I thought it might've been directed towards someone...

we seem to be attached to each other in a way that isn't so obvious. I just get certain vibes from her that make me question the possibility that she might like me. I can't really explain it... she also indirectly stated that she's bi-curious. She said "I feel like every girl is bicurious." We're both girls by the way and she knows that i'm lesbian. Today she messaged me this morning Happy Valentines day with a bunch of emoticons. I messaged her back and she ended up uploading our conversation to her instagram and put " <3 she made my day! love of my life" I know we're close but we're not that close. And I know that the signs are very subtle if not almost non-existent. And that's probably because she has a boyfriend who she's almost been with for a year. bummer. I know that she really loves her boyfriend though. But she has no clue that I like her. and it's been killing me since she's been stringing me on a little. I honestly don't know what to do. I feel like I can't be her friend without liking her.

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It sounds like you two need to be more direct and avoid dancing around the big issue. It would be best if you come out to her as bi because hopefully she will reciprocate and say her own sexuality. Then you can work up from there and later express your feelings for her. Since she's in a relationship, you need to be careful with the flirting as other people might see you as trying to take her from her boyfriend. Actually, what does he think about all this?

3. ogzltheeve

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    She already knows that I'm lesbian. And I haven't been flirting with her but she's the one who has been stringing me on. I have no idea what her boyfriend knows because I don't know him that well...