1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm bi and have fallen for my straight best friend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Horsegirl, Feb 16, 2014.

1. Horsegirl

I know this is the most typical story but i don't care.

So it all started about a month ago when I had a dream about my best friend(lets call her Sara) and we were dating and I kissed her and when I woke up I was very confused. Now i put my dream to the side and ignored it for a bit but it made me question my self and weather I could be bi. Now that I am almost certain I am bi and have came out to my mom already I am faced with my feelings for my best friend. I know everyone says that all girls will be attracted to their best friend but this is more. I want to hold her and comfort her and take all the pain for her(she gets bullied).

So after I told my mom she asked me if it was because i had feelings for Sara and I said yes and she asked if I was planning to tell her and I was, this weekend. My mom strongly cautioned me not to tell her and I agreed so she doesn't know yet. I really want to tell her, not my feelings but that I am bi but i am afraid it could ruin our friendship.

She seems fine with our other friend who is a lesbian but I'm much closer to her and I really don't want anything between us to change. Another part of me feels like she could also be bi or somthing but I think it's just my imagination. Please help :slight_smile:

2. SwimScotty

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, if she's okay with a lesbian friend, then I'd figure she'd be okay with a bisexual friend. You don't have to tell her you have feelings for her if you don't want to. If your mom is cautioning you not to tell her, I would guess there's a reason. But it may make you feel a bit better to at least let her know you're bi, and gauge her reaction to that. If she takes it well, then you could consider telling her how you feel. If she seems kinda sketchy, then I'd leave out the feelings part.

3. boret

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hello, let me share with u my experiences, im a bi as well, i started to feel that way when i was in high school but ignored it,i also had bf's before until college when i met my ex, she was my classmate, before our relationship started, she was into my friend, that time i was afraid to even try it as i maybe rejected and when i knew she's into same sex relationship,that was the time i asked her,it lasted for only 3yrs,she was my first..and then after that, i had a bf and got enggaged but sadly,it didn't worked out..after 3yrs of being single,i met my present gf right now, it's funny how we ended up together, i've seen her somewhere,she caught my attention but didnt mind at all because i was still in a relationship so i let it pass,then 5yrs later, i met her once again at my aunt's house, her mom was a family friend and didnt had any idea,it was like a destiny, that was the time i get to know her that much and found out she went to an exclusive (all girls) school and had a background of having the same sex relationship but for her,nothing is serious about it, right now we're still on for almost 5yrs now,i am her first and maybe her last..but, unfortunately, she recently got married, it was the most painful i have ever felt, we're still together though, she didn't want to give up on me either but on my part,it's killing me! I maybe stupid because i still chose to stay with our relationship but really it's very hard..

What i am trying to say is that, make sure to know both sides of the situation if it will gonna work or will just end up nothing or end up hurting you at the end just like what i am suffering right now.. And make sure you can handle every move you'll gonna make..

#3 boret, Feb 18, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2014