1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

lol, so confused atm halp!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Juggalo, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Juggalo

Ok. So quick backstory on my current events since I haven't been here in a while.
    I'm like...a 5 or something on the kinsey scale. My straightness (for lack of a better term) comes out every once in a long while, like a cycle. Currently in a mostly straight cycle, probably due to living with a straight guy and being undercover. He doesn't know. Living with this guy has completely destroyed my gaydar for various reasons I won't get into now.

Recently befriended, barely, this guy at work. Promised to give him my number a long time ago, finally got around to it. Several texts later from him, two days after finally texting, he has already called me stud repeatedly and when he sent " hey good looking" and "whats up stud lol" I was like, wait, what? Tried to tactfully ask if he was gay. No response. Then I apologised if I offended him. No response. For 4 hours or so. Then he admits he is.

Firstly, omg squeal. Secondly, I had absolutely no clue. At all. Thirdly, squeal again. Sent him a response along the lines of "I'm flattered! I'm not in the market right nnow, but if that changes, I'll let you know. I'll keep your status quiet as well. I'm gonna go back to bed. We'll talk soon. Goodnight". I tired to keep it vague as to my own orientation since I'm mostly in the closet.

Now what? I'm no good at flirting, I have a low opinion of myself, I'm in deep cover with the people I see on a daily basis, I have no car, and I have limited funds for texting. Did I handle this tactfully? I'm not looking for a hookup atm, and it would be rude to start the possibility of a relationship while I'm not out as I don't need drama or complications. I certainly wouldn't be averse to being all rainbowy in the bedroom with him, but again, that opportunity is not present due to my living conditions.

I'm not even sure what I'm asking here. Just basking in the glow of knowing someone flirted at me. Help, advice would be greatly appreciated.

Mods, I wasn't sure where to throw this topic. Feel free to move it whereever, as the boards have changed and it is like 6 am and I'm not functioning right at this time.

Squeal.

2. Ravi-VIXX777

Lol this was funny.

What I would suggest is to be blunt/honest about it if you are not good at flirting. I'm below noob level at flirting, it just looks awkward.

Perhaps say something along the lines of you liking him, but your not comfortable in an open/out relationship.

If your not looking for a relationship, just become better friends. You shouldn't have a low opinion of yourself around this guy, especially if he's calling you stud and good looking. Cheers (*hug*)