1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want to move on...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by man dolen, Feb 18, 2014.

1. man dolen

So, I have unhealthy crush on one of my classmate, and I need to move on.

3 weeks ago I slept over at his house and I spend 3 hours just looking at him while he was a sleep. ( you know, I like him a lot.). But because I was ill and during that week I started texting with one girl(too bad that she lives at other end of Slovakia.) and I slowly started to move on from my crash on him. Next week I went to school and he wasn't there, because he was ill too. I decided to move on completely, because I don't know if he's gay/bi there's high chance that he is, but he's clearly in deep denial.

So today, I decided that I'll try to avoid him as much as I can. It went really well until, my other classmate asked about where I am going after school. I told her that I'm going to mall to buy some clothes and get a coffee. My crush was near us and he asked me if he can go with me... Outside I was like sure whatever (inside like :***: :tantrum: ) Fast forward.
    We're at the mall talking about Game of thrones, and he turns whole conversation about GoT into supergay conversation about floppy dicks in GoT.
    After 1min, I asked him " Do you want hint me something, you know you're talking about dicks..."
    He: "No, I just..."
    Me: "You just what?"
    He: "Nothing"

I don't know what to do... how am I suppose to move on when he says stuff like that ? :help:

Ps. Sorry for my English, I'm on my phone.

2. Trooper

Why do you want to move on if you like him so much? Why not go with the flow and see what happens? Then if things don't go as you like, you can try to move on.

3. man dolen

QUOTE=Trooper;1890742]Why do you want to move on if you like him so much? Why not go with the flow and see what happens? Then if things don't go as you like, you can try to move on.[/QUOTE]

Because I feel like I'm stuck, it has been like this for 5 months . So, I think it's time to move on.

4. ahnni

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    hey. i think that you are at a very interesting age where you are figuring yourself out as well as finding out who you are sexually. The best thing you could do is stay to yourself and focus on school and figuring out who you are as a person.

Because you are not out, it makes approaching this male friend of yours awkward. I would advise that you be yourself around him and continue to cultivate your friendship for now. You will know when your ready to let him know you are attracted to him, and when that time comes, go for it

5. man dolen

Thanks for advice, I'll try to focus on other things.

6. Treasury

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Adding onto ahnni's reply, you sometimes can't move on in a blink of an eye. And it also looks like you're not at the stage where you can completely move on. Also be careful you won't be pushing him away!

Good luck!

7. Projectfabulous

I totally get where you're coming from. I had a crush on one of my guy friends for a bit. Then, when he came out to me, well it kind of made it worse. Also, like you, I didn't really want to like him; it wasn't going to go anywhere, would rather be friends, wouldn't probably work out in the long run, just felt awkward, etc.

So I tried to get over him for quite sometime, yet I couldn't seem to do it. I tried thinking about every single possible thing that he did that appalled me and hoped that would help. Well it didn't. I tried putting it into perspective of how I wasted emotions on him that he wasn't/would never waste on me. That didnt work. Another thing that didn't help was, maybe like you, because I liked him, I often mistook him being nice or just being my friend/doing things he normally does because we were friends as meaning that there could be a possibility he liked me.

I got to a point where I was convinced that he didn't like me and I didn't see the point in liking him, yet I couldn't do it. So, I decided to tell him that I had a crush on him. Like I expected, he responded with something about how he was glad we're friends, but didn't like me. That made it SOOO much easier to get over the crush. Like 3 days later, I didn't like him anymore and bam we were/are still good friends.

SO TL;DR
    Try not to push him away too drastically or too harshly because he seems like a good friend and that would be bad to lose a good friend. If/when you feel comfortable enough with him, and with yourself, coming out to him could be good. Also, like ahnni said, focusing on other things will be so much more helpful; why waste your time thinking about someone who isn't doing the same for you. Instead, focus on things that you enjoy doing and make you feel good, whether it be school, hobbies, work, etc.

(Sorry for the super long post; I just kind of wanted you to know that I know where you're coming from and I get that it's hard. Also, I hope I helped and Good Luck :grin: )