1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is my best friend gay?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by cespy, Feb 18, 2014.

1. cespy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I met a guy about 6 months ago and we got along really well. We became best friends really fast. i stay the night at his house in the same bed and under the same blanket as him at least once a week and up to 4 times a week. We constantly text each other and he will sometimes tell me he misses me and that i should stay the night (after only 1 day of not seeing me). One night while we were sleeping he put his leg over my leg, which is quite normal, and it woke me up and for some reason i looked down at his crotch area and he had a giant hard on. This got me thinking and so i decided to come out to him. i told him i was gay and he was totally cool with it and was curious about all the things i had done with guys. i told him i would no longer sleep in his bed because it would probably weird him out, but he insisted that nothing change between us, and it didnt. I still sleep in the same bed as him, he still puts his leg over mine while he has a hard on, our feet are constantly touching while we sleep, there is basically no such thing as personal space and its not because im the one who gets close to him. He slaps my butt, touches my junk, and sits on my lap (which is what most of our soccer team does, act gay, but he is the only one that knows im actually gay). He's always curious about everything that happens when i hook up with a guy and he also has opinions on weather the guy was hot or not without me even asking for his opinion. One time he said that the guy had "really nice eyes," which to me sounded like something a gay guy would say. he will randomly text me out of no where "im gay" and thats all the text will say and ill respond something like "me too!! :slight_smile:" and that will be the end of it, then we'll hang out later that day. ive asked him in a text before if he had ever done anything with a guy before and he replied that he hadn't and never will, but i have a feeling his girlfriend was next to him when i asked him that. Anyways, what are your thoughts? does anyone think he might be gay? if you do think he is, do you think i should make a move on him or wait for him to make one? i really dont want to lose him as a friend though.

#1 cespy, Feb 18, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
  2. UG Scorpio

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    what you have put I would say he is gay. I know this seems a odd thing to do but ask him it he likes you in a love kind of way or ask him what his opinions are on gay marriage. I know don't if this helps but would love to know what he says.

3. jonnemack

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'll make it quick, please don't get offended.

This is way too perfect to be real hahahaha... I envy you in so many ways I can't even describe with words so, there's nothing left to say man.

GO FOR IT.

You guys have an intimacy level so high that even if you think that things could blow off, it wouldn't sound weird because of all the other stff you guys do together. But start with a small step. Kiss him in the cheek one, see his reaction. From that on, move forward.

4. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't take this wrong but...

:dry: Seriously?:rolle:

5. cespy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've never dealt with someone who is not out and im not too sure of how to go about it. i dont want to make a move and then him completely reject it and than lose him as a friend. This is what has been holding me back. UG Scorpio hes told me he loves me plenty of times but i dont know if he just meant as a friend. Jonne, i just replied to your thread lol, but i dont know when would be a good time to kiss him on the cheek. im scared of rejection and losing my best friend.

6. Ravi-VIXX777

This looks like a fantasy, but congrats on taking away my dream.

I would 'try' something at the next sleepover. You should ask him why he doesn't set boundaries because you don't want to ruin the friendship. But he seems gay to me, or 110% secure in his sexuality.

7. cespy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I probably should've said this in my original post but he has a well known reputation of sleeping with a lot of girls, so this is another reason why i'm not too sure what to think.

8. confused1234

Gun to my head, yes he is gay.

9. Ravi-VIXX777

Not saying I don't believe you, but I know many gay guys who have been on the 'scene' to remain on the DL. Is there a possibility he could be bisexual?

10. cespy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    i guess he could be bi. i dont how to go about approaching him about it though. im also scared hes not into guys and im going ruin our friendship

---------- Post added 18th Feb 2014 at 08:49 PM ----------

another thing i forgot to mention is that his brother just came out as being gay. does this play a factor in the possibilities of him being gay? he has two male siblings

11. Saint Otaku

Some studies show that the chances of a mother conceiving a gay male increases with each male born.

12. jonnemack

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Being gay is genetic, I believe. But somehow, it's related to the Y gene.

Two gay people won't have gay infants.

13. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well...
    I'm like 95% sure he's at least bi. But it's weird that he has a girlfriend...
    I also think you should 'try' something next time you sleep over. Ask him if he likes you, or maybe tell him yourself that you like him (if you DO like him) but also that you value the friendship. Also reassure him that he can talk to you about anything and be honest with you.