1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm easily attached

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by JayR, Feb 19, 2014.

1. JayR

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I hate when I'm easily attached to someone. So when it's time to move on, I can't do it easily. Here's the thing. I met this guy through text. We texted/flirted for a week, and now he stopped texting for no reasons.. I don't know what to do. I kinda miss him and I feel sad. I know I shouldn't be affected this much because I just met him 2 weeks ago through text. I don't even know what he looks like? or what his family name is. I'm trying to forget him, but I can't stop thinking about this "mysterious" person. I'm not that kind of person who annoys you by texting every minute. I tried to keep things in moderation. Today I sent him probably my last text. Telling him goodbye and it was fun while it lasted. Still no response. But honestly i'm not feeling okay at all :icon_sad: I know I'm stupid, and i hate myself for it.

2. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't worry, the people you meet in the cyber world aren't really important until they play a real part in your life. Just don't worry about it :slight_smile:

3. Idris

Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm the same exact way. You're not alone.

When I really like someone, I attach. I'm dealing with moving forward from my good friend that I dated, and it's been the hardest thing ever considering now she's getting married. We're still friends, and I can be her friend, it's just that my heart hasn't made the connections needed to move forward. My mind has. Luckily, I've been dating someone new for the past two weeks, and it's starting to work. I do miss my good friend, but more as a friend now.

4. Nikky DoUrden

I'm the same way, but over time I learn to attach less because of those things!
    So just give it time, and meanwhile go talk/meet other people (*hug*)

5. Kael

Sometimes, life just feels like a bit cycle of attachment. Where you finally stop obsessing over one person, and then another will come along.

But... it is not something to mull over. Just go out and meet new people. Face to face.

And one day, you'll be attached to someone who is also attached to you.

Kael~

6. anshrknt

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I know what you mean. I get so easily attached for no reason. But if you just meet more people, have more experience, I think this type of attachment will die down. I don't want to sound harsh, nor do I want to assume anything, but whenever I feel this way I tell myself it's a feeling derived from desperation, and if I just get more experience, I'll be able to get out of it.

7. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm the same way. It doesn't happen often or with many people, but for whatever reason I'll occasionally come across someone that I just can't get out of my head for months at a time and that's without knowing much about him at all. I can't really explain it...it makes me good to know that I'm at least capable of those kinds of feelings, but at least so far it's caused more pain than anything else.

Unfortunately there's not much you can do about it (at least in my experience). You'll either just give it enough time and your feelings start to fade or some'll meet someone new. =/