1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dating and bisexuality

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by doglover44, Feb 19, 2014.

1. doglover44

doglover44 Guest

Have you ever had trouble dating the opposite gender ?

2. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, but not because of bisexuality. The key to dating while bisexual is not tell the other person you're bisexual. Thus if you date gay guys, just don't say anything, or say you're gay.

3. sbl11

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I agree with Pret Allez. My first thought when someone looking for a relationship is claiming they are bisexual is that they are experimenting, but really straight. I say that when dating, come out as full either straight or gay, then tell your lover later when you have made a real bond with them. However, the straight community doesn't necessarily react to bisexuals as the lgbtq community does. If your bisexual and in a heterosexual relationship, it doesn't affect the budding of a relationship as much. However you could get asked to "threesomes" but depending on your personality, this could be a good thing. Hope this helps :slight_smile:

4. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've never had any issues, although some men have felt inadequate because I prefer to be with women. However, whenever I'd date the opposite sex, I was always been up front about my feelings for women. I think it is wrong to omit the truth about who you really are and to start a new relationship under false pretenses.

5. doglover44

doglover44 Guest

I think you can date both sexes while being bi

6. I couldn't have said it better myself. Honesty is the best policy and they'll eventually find out you're bi anyway. Might a well come clean!

7. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Right, but the gay and lesbian community is notoriously hostile to bisexuals. Why be honest up front with people you're not certain you can trust? An omission is substantially different from a lie. Outside of EC, I haven't had a single positive experience telling gay men I'm bisexual.

8. Ghost93

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Why is the gay and lesbian community hostile to bisexuals? I'm gay but I don't know much about gay culture as I don't personally know any other gay people.

9. Simple Thoughts

Like at once? 0.o

If someone is going to judge you for being bisexual regardless of who they are I wouldn't want anything to do with them in the first place. That's my opinion anyways. Why jump through hoops for people who clearly have respect for you in the first place? 0.0

10. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Told my gf I'm bi. She got mad, said some bi/homophobic things she probably didn't mean, and then got over it.

I think it's because she no longer felt secure in my faith to her. Of course it was total bull because I'd NEVER consider cheating on her, but she felt that now she had to "watch" not only girls but guys. Obviously I've been window shopping both sexes all along :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:, but now that she knows, it caused her to feel threatened. Slowly she's realizing nothing has changed. :slight_smile:

11. Simple Thoughts

Sounds a little annoying. Jealousy in people is such a bothersome trait -.-'

12. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm confused what you're asking here.

13. Simple Thoughts

I was just saying if you're convinced you couldn't even get through the front door with someone should they know you're bisexual, than to me that makes them not worth the time or effort.

14. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If they sleep with you at least once, it's probably worth the effort. But if he subsequently learns that I'm bisexual and is uncomfortable with the fact, I will calmly give him pointers on dating bisexuals and dump him.

I don't exist to give 101 to gay men.

15. Simple Thoughts

I never said you had to. Lord knows I wouldn't want to have to educate everyone I tried dating that'd get old quick -.-'

I'm just saying that for me personally I have zero desire to pretend I'm fully gay or fully straight. If the person I'm talking to doesn't like that I'll find someone else. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

16. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Mine reacted the same way, and for a while, I was seriously wondering if I should keep someone who might possibly be homophobic in my life or not. Initially, she was fine when I came out, and only decided to try and use it against me during the break up. It was strange how she gave me "permission" to fool around with guys, but not with girls... :confused:

17. EleanorHunter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ^ This. Hit the nail on the head.

As for me, the only problem I've encountered was really freaking out a guy who had a crush on me, when I had to inform him that I was bi and had a girlfriend. I haven't been interested in a guy lately, and I'm pretty sure most of them assume I'm a lesbian at this point anyways. Like Simple Thoughts said though, if they had a huge problem with it, I wouldn't bother with trying to change their mind.

18. Simple Thoughts

^

Well I dunno about not trying to change their mind. I'd hate to leave someone wallowing around in a cesspool of biphobia...I just wouldn't be interested in dating someone with a narrow mind.

19. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    But it'd be so fun to pump and dump somebody like that. *nods*

20. Simple Thoughts

I'm not a 'hit and quit it' kind of person. Really just the thought of that makes gives me an unappealing feeling >.>