1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused, abrupt and out of character

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Mrcake, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Mrcake

So here's the story: I met this amazing guy at a LGBT conference and he lives 7 hours away from me. We hung out during the entire conference and had a really strong connection with each other. We exchanged phone numbers and other information and had been talking/texting every day since then. We had decided to start video chatting the past week and half almost every night as a means of communicating with each other, and decided to start dating. This past week and a half has been one of the happiest weeks of my life, but today was odd. Last night we video chatted and I had told him about some self confidence issues I had, and he was okay with everything and supportive - we ended the night with a goodbye and everything like normal. Today I texted him in the morning and talked with him for a while, snap chatted a few things and all was good. After 2pm he didn't respond, which I thought was odd - I thought maybe he was being polite and letting me study for an exam that is on friday. I thought, hmm okay, how odd...Tonight I got on Facebook and saw that he was online and I said hello. He said hello and then proceeded to write me this message. Basically in a nutshell it said that I am a great person and I deserve to feel and touch someone every day; I don't deserve him, because I don't "know" him. He said that he felt that a long distance relationship was unfair and that I should pursue people in my town. I read the message several times and asked a friend, who also met him, about this guy. She told me that it was rather out of character and that it's sort of uncalled for. Anyway, I sent him a message saying that I have been in a LDR before and that it was enjoyable for me; I don't mind commuting the 7 hours to see him every once and a while, and I don't think that he could ever find someone comparable to me - I felt the same for him... we have so much in common and everything seemed perfect. I don't understand this sudden change of heart. Could he have been drunk? Could he have met some other person?

One more thing: He responded and told me that he basically needed time to think it over and follow his heart - he wants to take it slower and possibly date me some other time. He's not saying he wants a relationship and he's not saying he doesn't - basically the opportunity is still there. I'm just confused....Why would someone abruptly say this?

TLDR: My recent boyfriend has decided that a LDR may not be the best option for us, and he feels like I am too good for him. What should I tell him or say?

2. Juggalo

Maybe he has his own selfconfidance issues. Has HE ever been in a long distance relationship before?

3. Mrcake

No. I guess he has been out for like 3 years , but hasn't dated. He's done stuff with people before, but hasn't wanted to date anyone.

4. Mrcake

Talked to one of his friends and he said that he was stupid when things go unexpected and not 100% according to what he thought. One of his friends said that he'd talk to him more and try to help convince him that he is making the wrong decision. I hope that this will allow him to change his mind, because I do like him so much. I hope it all works out, because I feel hopeless without someone like him. I feel like I've been searching for the right person for too long.

5. jonnemack

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Do you know if his family has something to do with that? How they support (or not) his homossexuality?

6. Mrcake

He has been out for 3 years, they support him now.

7. Mrcake

This guy is a fake, I'm really bummed that he didn't turn out to be the guy I met.