1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When to tell partner I am bisexual?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by SoftKitty, Feb 20, 2014.

1. SoftKitty

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am a female bisexual. I don´t have anybody right now. But generally speaking, if I found a partner right now and they happened to be heterosexual (like majority of the human population), when exactly - I mean at which point of the relationship - I should tell them that I am bisexual? Right away from the start, like e.g. when we are speaking of our hobbies, dating history and such, or later in the relationship? And if later, when do you think it would be the best? Before of after sex? I mean, not RIGHT before of after it, you know what I mean. I´d rather find some bisexual this time, so we could bond easier, but there is no way I could find it out about him before he´d actually tell me. Thank you for your answers.

2. Simple Thoughts

Well if you're talking about a heterosexual relationship allow me to take the 'all guys are pigs' approach. Go ahead and tell him right away, he'll probably end up trying to talk you into a threeway lol j/k

Seriously though. My personal take is to not hide stuff like that. I wouldn't really want it to be something flaunted around, but there is no sense in hiding it or feeling any shame about it so if you're wanting a real relationship with someone I'd trust that person to just accept that part of you ^^

3. SoftKitty

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No, I am not ashamed at all, I would tell him anyway, but I would be really hurt if it somehow mattered to him and he would leave me because of it. I know that such a man would not probably be worth of my tears, I just wanna find ways how to emotionally protect myself, you know.

4. Simple Thoughts

I guess I can understand that.

I know it'd be annoying if someone rejected me over something petty. Then again I don't really think that's anything I gotta worry about cause I'll probably never make it that far :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Seriously though...I'd just wait until you feel the time is right to tell someone. I mean if you don't want to tell them right away, than don't. You shouldn't compromise what you want, and what you're comfortable doing. When the moment is best for you, you'll tell em :slight_smile:

5. SoftKitty

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, but how to tell them you are BI without their thinking that you´ve deceived them when you had not told them earlier? I am also afraid that if I tell them I am BI straight away, he will only connect my bisexuality with the word "slut" because bisexuals are "officially" thought of like that. I want to make it sure that I am not looked at as a slut but as a potentional partner / lover. I don´t want a threesome (well, I do; I do very much :slight_smile:, but only with a partner I know well and which I can trust), I need to bond with the person first before I have sex.

6. Simple Thoughts

Understandable.

If your partner is worth the time of day than they'll understand you waiting to tell them. It's not easy to be open with this kind of stuff, at least for a good deal of people anyways.

7. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'd tell your partner after sex. That way, if they have a problem, you can dump them for a pretty satisfying feeling.

I can definitely understand wanting to just date bisexuals and avoid the irritation of dating monosexuals with trust issues.

8. Liquid

Liquid Guest

I'm discovering parts of myself slowly and I told my fiance' and she is more than supportive! Find out she too is sort of bisexual in certain situations. It's really cool when you find someone who doesn't care! Just be open and honest!