1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Personality Problems

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by BucKeTz, Feb 20, 2014.

1. BucKeTz

I have always been worried with my personality. I know I am a nice person and really get along with everyone I meet well. The problem lies in that I am sassy/sarcastic all the time. Now it is never inappropriate, but it is sometimes confused as flirting. I am still closeted and I know nobody thinks that I am gay (besides the sister I'm out to), which causes some girl problems. It is bad how many girls have actually perceived this as me making moves on them and even worse how many have tried to return them. I always try to let them know ASAP that I am like that with everyone and see them as only a friend, but it always results in them getting hurt. I have tried to just ditch the personality, but I as well as many people around me just get depressed. So I'm am pretty sure the problem lies not in my personality, but in my actions around girls. Any ideas to help prevent me from being perceived as a flirt and instead as just a witty friend. Last bit of information, this is all done with little or no physical contact. I.......don't like hugs/just touching people.

Ironically, my "straight guy" act must be good enough because I act very similarly around guys and none of them think I'm making move. Though I never am. Thanks for any advice :grin:

2. Movens

Welcome to the personality club bro , in my op there's a few things you can do , but my favourite is this : try to tone down your personality when you're first getting to know somebody, let is show itself occasionally, but not always. Then as soon as you know them well enough and they know you well enough , boom , let the beast run free.
    probably hasn't helped by you never know

3. Sarah257

Other than coming out or wearing a big shirt that says "Don't flatter yourself, I'm not flirting with you"... I'm not entirely sure... I guess just try to be honest and inform them that you aren't flirting, you're just being yourself. They'll get it eventually.

On second thought, go have that T-shirt made!(jk) :lol:

4. ThePhoenix

I'm kinda that way around people but only the ones that I have known for awhile so I guess it helps that I have to get to know someone before that part shows, I definitely get the personal space I don't like the hugging and touching thing. I say maybe tone it down till you know the person or people real well, or be blunt and say its just you being friendly.

5. setnyx

i usually say don't worry i'm not flirting with you that's just me.