1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video chatting help.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by mobrien1993, Feb 21, 2014.

1. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I'm hoping this is the right place for this. Over the past few months I have been talking to a girl that I have been friends with since we were around 13. We started talking and plan to meet up for the first time this summer. Well today was our first time using FaceTime and actually being able to see and hear each other's voice. My question is how do I become more comfortable video chatting with her, especially since I really like her and want her to know I'm interested? It's so easy for me when we text, but actually being able to see her kind of intimidates me. Any advice would be appreciated.

2. Wildclover

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I find video chatting awkward whether it's for work or with family and friends. I never know where to look!

That said it does get easier the more you do it. Just act like you would if you were talking to her in person. You can always send her text messages and emails to follow up your video calls and you can convey anything that way that you aren't yet ready to say in video. Just have fun!

3. ThePhoenix

I have a love/hate relationship ship with video chatting sometimes its easy and sometimes it gets awkward. I usually start a conversation and sometimes and who ever I'm chatting with we just end up doing whatever or separate things while on video chat, Its just nice for me to have someone there.