1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Personal problems..

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by maselalala, Feb 23, 2014.

1. maselalala

So I met a guy and he's perfect and he's the love of my life.. Amazing guy but okay getting to the point... We were talking and I started to get sad. He tried to comfort me which is awesome for him to do but he wasn't getting anywhere. So he lost his patience and got a little angry and I tried apologizing to him and I guess you could say he forgives me. I'm so nervous and I worry he hates me or doesn't love me anymore. But I was just wondering... Can I get some advice on what to do or say? It would be much appreciated.

Thanks c:

-Mason

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You're not giving the full story.

Does he know you love him or at least you're gay?
    Why were you getting sad?
    Why wasn't he getting anywhere (i.e. did he know why you're sad)?

You should tell him sorry for not being responsive, but really you don't need to ask for his forgiveness about your own problems.

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi, Mason.

One of the best things you can do is just talk openly about your feelings... not something many 16 year old boys are very good at. :slight_smile:

Here's what I'd do: First, thank him for his support, and then ask him why it was upsetting to him when you were still feeling sad. Perhaps he felt that you didn't like him (that's the most likely response, given the anger.) Then, explain why you were feeling sad (if you know... if you don't, then let's talk more about that.) And remind him that you love him and he's the perfect guy for you and that maybe that's a little scary for you (if that's part of the issue.)

The very best thing you can do to deepen a connection/relationship with someone is to be vulnerable with them, assuming they are williing to be vulnerable back. It's never easy, but it is the best pathway to really being able to connect with and love each other.
    He might have got

4. maselalala

Thanks Chip! :slight_smile: