1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't get her off my mind

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Landslide, Feb 23, 2014.

1. Landslide

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I need to move on, I keep trying. Its been 3 years since we broke up, 2 years since we've been close friends, and 7 months since we've talked. I should be use to not having her around by now but I'm not.
    I keep having very vivid sexual (day) dreams about my ex and recently I wrote some of them down. She's the only girl I've ever been with and the only one I've ever been sexually attracted to. We had a rough ending to our relationship. Though I am 3 years older than her I had come out to all my friends a few months before I met her and I might have not been ready for that intense of a relationship. Problem is when we were together, she got to touch me whenever she wanted and I didn't touch her unless she asked really. Being with a girl was new to me and I was scared, but the first time i had sex with her I got her off and it was amazing.
    The next couple times I was nervous and felt pressured so I didnt do so well. I felt like a failure because i wanted to satisfy her and I didnt. I blamed my lack of experience for that. And I was hesitant because she told me she had been raped before, a few times. I wanted her so bad but I also felt horrible for it.
    Anyway I think my lack of sex with her caused her to cheat. And though we tried to work it out, I couldnt and broke up with her. I had been so angry at her, not understanding how the girl I had fallen in love with could do that to me. We tried an open relationship, which I regret. And when ever she wanted sex I would get angry and just go into a different room. I couldnt have sex with her because I kept visualizing some guy fucking her, the one she cheated on me with, but i never found out what he looked like.

So now after all this time and her leaving, i feel so unfulfilled. I have day dreams and dream of her when I sleep constantly, a lot of the time they're sexual fantasies. I dont know what to do, shes the only person i've ever felt this strongly about.
    Everyone thinks i should give up on her but shes is everything I've ever wanted. And she said i was the other half of her.
    So confused, and heartbroken, and depressed.
    I've been told it'll get better and I'll meet a girl that is right for me. But no girls have showed up and i cant seem to find a new girlfriend. Guys chase after me and it's so annoying, since I'm a lesbian. My head and heart agree that my ex is the one, but my friends tell me I'm wrong.:bang::help:

I kind of just want out of this life.

2. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's a tough situation you are in. How proactive have you been in looking for another girl?

The problem I foresee is that even if you were to meet the right girl I'm not sure you are in the mindset to notice and act upon that necessarily.
    I know you love her but reading back over what you have written about your relationship with her can you not see some problems with the relationship you had?

3. Landslide

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I've tried online dating, a few different sites. I asked a couple friends if they had any single friends that they could set me up with. I dated a guy friend of mine for a week, even though I wasn't attracted to him at all. I've been single for 3 years now. But its like a neverending process, trying to move on. I know that we had some problems but I also know that when I'm with her I feel so safe. She makes me feel like I belong here and without I just seem to be lost. I find it hard to enjoy things that I liked to do before I met her. I keep trying to get out of this. I'd really rather not feel this way about a person that can't be honest with me about her feelings. But I don't know how to just stop loving someone

4. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Is it even a possibility that you could get back with her?

5. nikidion

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Your story sounds so sad. Why haven't you talked for 7 months?

6. Landslide

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    At this point, I doubt it. But part of me is hoping she'll randomly show up again. I keep going on with my life. Focusing on work and my own personal goals. But everyday I'm hoping for that knock on my door and that it's her.

---------- Post added 23rd Feb 2014 at 03:57 PM ----------

She left for college in august and said we couldn't talk right now but that maybe we could be friends later on down the road. I havent tried to contact her, she made it pretty clear that she didnt want to talk about anything with me. I guess if she wants to pretend I dont exist then I have to try to do that to her too.

7. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think it's important to make a decision one way or another and seeing as getting her back doesn't seem like an option then it sounds as though your decision is kind of made for you.

I think you should start by writing a list of all the bad things about her, however small and insignificant they seem just get them all down.

8. Landslide

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I did that right after we broke up. It was easy because I was so angry at her. I ended up just throwing the list away, it was like 6 things I didnt like about her.

I should have told her how I felt when we were close friends again. Instead of pushing her away. I was so scared of her rejecting me and then thats what I ended up getting because I waited so long to tell her I loved her. I'm such an idiot

9. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ok well I think it's time to re write the list. See if you can come up with seven things.

10. Landslide

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I don't really have anything to write since I don't know her anymore. If it wrote a list it would just be past tense, it wouldnt be about who she is today.

11. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ok well of you want to look at it like that then you could say the girl that you are in love with is in the past she might not be the same person now that you were in love with.

12. Landslide

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    That's true. Guess I've lost her forever now.

Also I'm trying to move on but I have this feeling that when and if I find someone new she'll show up. She did it before, when i dated this one girl a few months after her she was in my life again. And when i dated that guy for a week, she came back and had to be friends again. I'm afraid when i date someone new she'll show up and want me, then I'll have to choose.

I'm thinking too far in advance, aren't I? Ugh why do I do this

13. LuvMyIB

It's amazing what we do to ourselves. Such a roller coaster ride. Though you are holding on to the past you have to let yourself look to the future. Your ex is just that an ex. She has moved on but you are embracing the moments the memories you HAD. She was probably your first love. That says a lot right there. You will always hold on to those fond memories. It took me years to get over my first lesbian love. Though in my mind our breakup was not a bad one she still to this day says it was the worst one she ever had. 20 years later I still love her and wished we were closer than we are but I have to respect the fact that she has moved on and so have I. It does get easier in time but memories last forever.

14. Landslide

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Sometimes they don't feel like memories, just strange dreams. That whole relationship feels like a dream and I think it's because how she cut me out of her life. I keep trying to move on, and if I start to get close to a new person then my ex shows up again. Shes had several relationships since we were together and it feels like shes just distracting herself so she doesn't have to deal with her feelings for me. And yes she was my first love, and I want her to be my only one.

15. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sometimes when we look back at something in the past we have a selective memory. There are times in my past that I look back at now and only remember the fun bits of it, there were bad bits but because I'm no longer dealing with them they don't enter my head.

It's a bit like someone who climbs Mount Everest or something at the time parts of it are like hell and you would just want to stop, however once you complete it you just remember the good bits, the sense of achievement and the success.
    Perhaps because you miss her you look back and see the good bit about being with her and forget the bad.

I think you should try and find someone else and then if she comes back just ignore her.

16. QueerQueen

I've been in a similar situation before. A girl I dated that I fell in love with broke it off, we remained friends for a long while afterwards, both still had mutual feelings for the other. Eventually she started developing feelings for other people, while I was still stuck on her. We still talked every day in the same manner while she had feelings for the first person she liked after me, but after the second I couldn't really take it anymore and eventually I decided to cut off communication.

We didn't fully stop talking, we would still text each other every so often, I would wish her happy Birthday when it came to that and we would text each other saying that we missed the other.. it was very on and off. At some point I really wanted to feel what I felt for my ex again so I tried meeting people and eventually started dating this girl. Bad decision though, I wasn't over my ex and the girl didn't give me the feelings that my ex did either.

So we broke up. That's the only girl I dated after my ex thus far and me and my ex dated in 2011. At the start of 2013 me and her started talking again and all the feelings came back, well I guess they were never really gone. We've been talking ever since.

So I guess you never really know what could happen, although your ex hurt you in ways mine didn't. I'm not sure if you should really try to find other girls with the possibility of dating them, because it doesn't seem like you're over your ex and I'm not sure if it's possible to fall for someone while you still love another. Hopefully if you do decide to, you go into the relationship with an open mind and you don't try to compare them to your previous girlfriend. That was my mistake and I ended up hurting the girl I dated after my ex.

I swear getting over someone is the hardest thing, hopefully if you decide to move on you will find someone who makes you feel at least half as close as that girl made you feel, maybe it will turn out to be even more.

There is a post I saw on tumblr one day and I think you might be able to relate. It says..

One day, whether you are 14, 28 or 65 you will stumble upon someone who will start
    a fire in you that cannot die. However, the saddest, most awful truth you will ever come to find is they are not always with whom we spend our lives.

#16 QueerQueen, Feb 24, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
  17. Landslide

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thank you for your advice.

I have made that mistake of comparing others to her. People keep telling me I'm gonna find a girl that makes me feel way better than her. But I doubt it. Like I said I've been single for a few years now and haven't really met anyone.

Part of me wants to just make more lesbian friends, possible find someone to just cuddle with so I don't have to always feel so lonely. And the other part of me wants a new relationship.

I really hope that I'll have some luck on my side and my ex will come back. I wish I could talk to her so bad. But for now, I'm just hoping to move on in some way or at least be able to distract myself

18. melamela

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Its never been easy to forget something like that. But everything happens for a reason you just have to take that one step forward for you to know that reason.

19. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Do you have any way of contacting your ex?

20. Landslide

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yeah I have her number and I have her on facebook. But I hid her posts so that I don't have to get angry when scrolling anymore.