1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Friend Zoned

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by angel626, Feb 24, 2014.

1. angel626

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I need some advice and sorry for the long post.

This past weekend I went to a birthday party for my friend. Since of course it was her birthday she got drunk, throughout the night I was taking care of her and making sure she didn't do anything stupid or didn't get hurt in some way. Granted I was drunk but I was ok enough that I was aware of my surroundings and I knew exactly what I was doing. Well as I was watching over her she admitted to me that she had a crush on me and she knew that I have a crush on her, but she said she friend zoned me before she grew the courage to tell me. I left the topic alone and I didn't bug her about it that night, I figured we can talk when she was sober.

The next day she texted me asking me what happened and I told her everything including that she admitted her crush to me. I asked her to elaborate on it, all she said was that she thought that we would be better as friends. I was crushed but I accepted it and I care about her a lot so I'm just happy to have her in my life even if its not in the way I want to be. Although I'm confused, a few hours ago I found out my niece talked to her about the whole her having a crush on me. My niece asked her if she would date me, my friend said "I don't know, I've ruined to many friendships like that." I've already told her how I feel about her and I don't know what else to do. I care about her a lot and I want to be more than her friend.

What do I do to get out of the friend zone? Is there any possibility that I can get out of it? Or should I just leave it be and accept the friendship we have? I know she's scared of losing me as a friend but I'm scared too.

2. softsprite

Out Status:
    Some people
    It is always possible to get out of the friend zone! You might have to wait a while though...I've waited years to get out of the zone. And you know what--it's always bugged me when people use the phrase "more than friends" because frankly in my opinion there is nothing greater than friendship. If you wanted to be a jerk but get things moving, you could always make out with someone else in front of her and see how she reacts. Sometimes jealousy will snap you out of the friend zone immediately. If she really does have a crush, she'll probably get possessive. Good luck!