1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Relationship stuff

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by theMaverick, Feb 25, 2014.

1. theMaverick

So..I'm a little over 1 month into a relationship with a girl that I really like. She's amazing in almost every way. The problem is the things that aren't amazing are really annoying.

To name a few

She's really sexual and I'm not
    She's really into TV shows that I'm not but she basically makes me watch them with her
    She'll be upset about something and not tell me
    And also she's told me that she's not sure about Christianity when I'm very serious about my faith.

The first three are annoying but I think can deal with them.

The last one is a deal breaker almost and I'm upset she didn't tell me that before we started dating. I asked her. I asked her and she basically lied to me. I'm upset.

What do I do??

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It sounds like you two need some alone time, her with the TV shows and you with your faith. Though, religion is not something you can turn on/off like the TV.

Tell her you're upset.

3. abandonedsocks

(Allons-y!) I'd say talk to her about it. I've dated people that were super sexual and I'm not, and it can work. Perhaps set rules with the TV shows? An hour of hers and an hour of yours? Trade off! Or just say you'd prefer not to watch. And some people aren't as open about their feelings. You've only been dating a month, maybe give it a bit more time. How long have you known each other? If not very long, perhaps she's not as comfortable yet. As for the faith, I don't think I, personally, see how that's a problem, provided you allow each other your differences. If she's not into it, it's fine as long as she doesn't bring that up, right? Or is just the fact that she's not into it a deal breaker? Maybe suggest bringing her to a church group or something, if she's open to it.

No matter what, it sounds like you guys need to have a chat.

4. theMaverick

Thanks y'all. I'll talk to her about it.