1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question for teens or middle/high schoolers

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Bring it, Feb 25, 2014.

1. Bring it

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have a crush on a guy, but, being the introvert that I am, I have no clue about how to approach him. I was in a Dungeons&Dragons group with him for a little bit, but other than that we haven't really interacted much.
    I want to pursue a relationship right away, I just want to become friends and maybe get his phone number or email. We have a few common interests, so I think we could be good friends. The major problem I have is that I can't remember a single friendship that started with me saying hi first. I'm just not a person who takes the first initiative.
    Through all of this, please keep in mind that I'm in 8th grade so everybody's pretty locked down with their friend groups. If one person wanted another's phone number, they'd usually have to come up with a good reason to have it, such as "we're friends," or "we're working on a class project together."
    I guess what my question is this: how can a befriend this guy without it being weird or forced?:help:

2. Erivio

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm not an expert, but I recommend just hanging out with him. :slight_smile:
    Just be yourself, don't fake who you are, and remember to listen. :wink:

He'll gravitate to you as a friend, if you "be a friend."
    He'll start talking to you and through time, you guys can be closer.

Remember that a smile goes a long way, and that, over time, you'll trust each other more, and he'll be more likely to accept you and go on a date then. :slight_smile:

But as long as you don't constantly obsess over him, you should be fine.

If you want a relationship with him,
    Try to drop some subtle hints after a while.

Good luck! :wink:

3. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm far from middle school but a lot of this stuff doesn't go away when you become an old geezer like me :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I agree with a lot of what Erivio said. A couple other ideas:
    -Bring up the D&D group. "Hey, you were in the D&D group, right? Haven't seen you much since then, how's it going?" And just "reintroduce" yourself that way.
    -Social networks. Yes, people are well established in their social groups at school, but social media can help you get around that and talk to people one-on-one. Facebook walls/messages can be your ally.

4. Bring it

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks. I messaged him and we chatted a little, so now I should be able to reintroduce myself into the group. It was kind of funny in retrospect. I was making a big fuss in my head over what to say, and he just went along with the conversation like it was nothing strange at all. So, basically, yay!