1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stepdad Looked Through my History :(

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by PurpleGrey, Feb 26, 2014.

1. PurpleGrey

Why oh why oh why do parents have to be so nosey?

So my stepdad wanted to try and fix my kindle so it would print stuff, and out of nowhere, he up and snoops through my browsing history! And I got this site listed, of course, so he saw the pages I was looking at and tells me all nonchalant that I'm obsessive and shit. I think all this was a front to snoop, now that I think about it.

I try so hard to keep them away from this stupid kindle and keep my privacy and all. Can't I have anything private? The main issue is that as soon as my folks notice an interest in something they don't like, they always nag me about all the perceived problems with it! My clothes, my friends, my sexuality, my anime, and now I just know my folks will start warning me about the evils of the online queer community.

Mom said she'd talk to my stepdad about respecting my privacy, but that won't stop the bullshit. I shouldn't have to be mindful of what shows in my history. I guess now I have a legitimate reason to protest when they want my kindle.

2. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Urgh.. It so annoying that people do not know how to respect privacy. If he tries to take it again, I would delete the history. Or if you don't think that you'll have time to delete your history, you could always use a private window so that things do not save in your history.

3. Richie.

Can't you put a passcode on your kindle?

4. CharlieHK

CharlieHK Guest

Talk about invading your personal space. Does kindle have a private browsing feature?

5. BucKeTz

I put a passcode on my kindle. and my phone. and my everything. As a closeted gay, I have made sure that no one could find out anything. without my allowing it.

6. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd try using incognito browsing from now on.

7. ice444

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Incognito browsing is your friend :slight_smile:

8. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Yeah, use incognito browsing. And make sure you're regularly cleaning out your history regardless. I've had my share of close calls.

9. Emberblaze

You can also change your settings so that it deletes your history every time you exit the internet (if you're using Explorer) or download an extension for Chrome that does the same.

10. Kreiger

Definitely incognito mode, and minimizing windows when people barge in on you :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: