1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sleepovers

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by meg189, Feb 26, 2014.

1. meg189

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm having a friend over for a sleepover but my mom won't let us sleep in the same room. It has nothing to do with gender or anything like that as she doesn't know I'm gay. How can I convince her?

2. Ravi-VIXX777

Ask her why if it doesn't involve gender issues. Maybe she doesn't trust you? Persuade her with logic, emotions, or to do something in return if she allows it.

3. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's maybe somewhat overprotective. Does she know your friend? Maybe she doesn't know your friend well enough or fears for your safety. Let your friend talk to her. It's not as if you're sleeping in the same bed. Tell her that - perhaps more tactfully than I could xD

4. setnyx

as a parent i always had to know the kid first before they stayed in my home and had to go to the house and meet the parents if my kid wanted to stay there. we want to keep our kids safe.