1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Three years in and and things got physical

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by inlove514, Feb 27, 2014.

1. inlove514

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hi everyone,
    Hopefully someone can help me out with my situation. I have been with my girlfriend for a little under three years. She is absolutely the love of my life and never have I ever thought I would find someone like her. I mean she cooks, cleans, and not to mention the physical part is definitely a plus. In spite of all of this, we still have our problems. I definitely struggle with self-esteem issues and it has carried over into my relationship. We both have jealousy issues and sometimes we just cannot agree. Today is her birthday and needless to say things did not pan out the way I wanted them to. We have fought before over big and little things. But, my concern is when things get physical. Never have I ever put my hands on anyone and no one has ever put their hands on me. My girlfriend and I had one of our worst fights which included punches, pushing each other onto the bed, and some scars. This has happened before but not to this extent. Today is her birthday and it started by us having probably one of our worst fights ever! We were drinking last night which may have played a part in it. Both of us really felt like our relationship was over but I didn't want to accept it. Overall, we have an amazing relationship. We both love each other and I would NEVER say that it is an abusive relationship in anyway. She never flirts with anyone, she is always trying to spice up our relationship, and she remembers everything that I tell her. She really is my best friend. But what do these fights mean? Is our relationship at risk? Has anyone ever been in this situation? We both woke up disappointed and hurt because of what happened. We have so much love for each other and it hurts to know that we treat each other that way. We mentioned talking to a counselor but I really would like to know if someone can offer some insight into our situation. Thanks everyone