1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fallen for my best friend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Typhoon, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Typhoon

Typhoon Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    This thread topic is getting so old now, you see these thread types, nearly every day here, and here I am with one of my own :eusa_doh: Technically my definition of a best friend is unlikely to coincide with yours, since I am mostly a loner and can't make friends easily but I've gotten on with this guy from my class at uni quite well.

He's definitely never been what I consider to be my type, yet inexplicably I've grown increasingly protective of him to the point where I glower at someone in particular who simply exploits him (the way he had previously me in exchange for a temporary friendship) so as to gain lecture notes off him.

It took me quite some time to realize I actually loved him, as opposed to having a crush. As for his orientation, I do not know, he seems to be the type of person who simply avoids doing anything which would pinpoint it to the correct answer, to the point that so far I still have no idea whether he would consider dating guys. He's done a very good job at keeping that slate clean and I've never been so forward as to ask him.

I've debated on coming out to him, but after my last experience coming out to a close friend of mine (we actually got on extremely well, then he left for Britain shortly after I came out to him, and never replied to any of my messages ever again) I realized that it might make him feel awkward around me and I don't want to lose his friendship either, as he means the world to me. Strange thing is, I always find it difficult to talk to him sometimes because I always get this feeling that I'm not interesting enough to deserve him, even if he is into guys.

2. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, you could try subtly bringing up an LGBT topic to him... like... "It's really cool that _____ recently legalised gay marriage" or something like that.. and see if he reacts in a homophobic way... if he takes a turn for the worst, you just tell him you have a few gay friends and that was why you were talking about it.