1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How To Tell Him Without Telling Him?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by frxstrating, Feb 27, 2014.

1. frxstrating

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hey! :slight_smile:

As anticipated, I've got questions and I'm confused. First off, there's a guy in my class (or some of them). We're friends, we talk, we hang out. Not like best friends would, but I tend to be a little awkward around him. I think he seems to notice, but at the same time, he seems oblivious. I want to come out to him (I also have feelings for him if you haven't inferred) as both bi and that I like him. Note: I want to do this in two different stages. First, tell him I'm bi and then tell him I like him. But I'm afraid things can get awkward so I want HIM to figure out.. is that possible?

2. Ravi-VIXX777

Be touchy-feely. Try to talk about the subject of LGBT. Invite him over your house so u can play with him (no rapist pun intended):eusa_naug. I would suggest gaining his trust before doing any of this and you gain trust through talking and getting to know each other.

3. frxstrating

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hm. Okay. Thanks! :grin:

I already know him pretty well considering for how long we've known each other, so I don't think that I need to ask any more questions. I usually try to get touchy-feely with him but my awkwardness gets the best of me. More or less, he's the one rubbing or hugging or putting his hand on my shoulder/leg etc.

4. frxstrating

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hey! Something I forgot to mention.

During play practice today, we were sitting against the wall together and he was leaning against me most of the time. I wasn't very comfortable, but I wasn't uncomfortable. What an oxymoron. He kept singing to me and kept staring at me for long periods of time.. signs or just coincidence? Also, when we were learning a dance, he chose me for his partner rather than another girl in our grade. I'm getting a theory. Should I not be? Again, I want to come out to him.

He's such a sweet person, and even though he picks on others and is picked on, I don't care. What my friends say about him is usually negative. I defend him so much it seems like I'm giving my "secret" out to friends rather than him. Not many friends know about my sexuality, but others are getting suspicious. I feel like I'm the only one who understands, but I'm sure others reading this can relate entirely. He seems to always talk about his girlfriend (who I will nickname M) but in a way as though he's tired and sick of her. Maybe that's the way I'm perceiving this all.

Do I sound insane saying this all? :slight_smile: please respond if possible. I need all of the input I can get.

5. duende84

Hi there

No it does not sound insane for me. I also have this "straight" friend that, every time we're together, he makes kinda suggestive eye contact and touchy-feely kinda stuff. It drives me nuts because I am not too sure what he is hinting at. He knows I am gay but he is a very good friend and I don't want to make a stupid move and screw things up. He is the one usually hugging me and giving me the most sexiest/seductive looks.

And yet sometimes I am scared that I see all of this in him because I "want to be with him".

6. XTREMEZish

Go for broke. The worst thing that can happen is a little bit of awkwardness. You seem like good friends. That won't change. Also him leaning up against you is a sign that it doesn't matter to him. Not that he is gay or bi, but that he doesn't care.

7. frxstrating

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    XTREMEZish ~

Okay. Thanks a ton for actually reading and responding. He means so much to me and I know this site will guide me through it. I'm really grateful.

I sort of was being my ignorant self by saying that leaning against me automatically makes him bi/gay. :slight_smile: sorry. I'll try to do it today or on Monday. Moreover on Monday because we put our instruments away together because we're both in Band. That being said, Band is on Monday. I'm usually the one listening (quietly) but that doesn't mean he talkes too much more than I do. One time, when I was walking behind him about twenty feet, he came in the Band room and came out before I even got in. When I was in there, I sat and thought. I looked out the window and boom. He was waiting for me. He does get touchy-feely with me but very occasionally. His waiting didn't seem friendly. (At least that's how it seemed to me.) He blushed everytime I spoke. Later that same day, I texted him:

"Why'd you wait for me outside?"

"I don't know."

"Okay. Sorry for asking." (myself being very apologetic around him)

"I guess it was because I didn't want to look like loner."

"Oh. Okay."

Maybe I'm over thinking this whole thing..

8. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just get closer to him as a friend. Invite him to your house, watch movies, play games, talk, etc. You can slowly try being a bit more touchy with him, like giving him hugs occasionally or something... and then... when you get closer, just let him know that you really appreciate his friendship. Then when you feel ready, just tell him: "Hey, there's been something that I've wanted to tell you that's been bothering me, is it alright of I talk to you about it? It's just that you're a really good friend and I wanted someone to talk to"

Then go for it :slight_smile:

9. frxstrating

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'll try it. :slight_smile: thanks, I've seen you write in other threads and consider you well known. :grin:

So, update. Today, in my free period, I was sitting in a classroom (alone obviously) and doing homework. Then, unexpectedly, he and his group of friends walk in looking for somebody. His friends started to pick on me for being alone in a classroom but he very strongly stood up for me and even threatened to punch somebody. I was flustered and quickly got my stuff then left. I didn't even say thanks. I'm guilty. :tears:

In the classes we sit next to each other, he'll usually randomly walk in my direction and brush my shoulder on the side. Not because he needs to go there. I feel as though he goes there to just do that. Also, that isn't a one time thing. It happens at least seven times throughout one period. Other times when he gets touchy-feely is when we're walking to the Band room. He'll move his instrument to the other side of him oddly, and I'm convinced it's so we can push against each other or something.

I don't know how to word that.

Hmm. I'm thinking if there's anything else.

Please feel free to respond!! I need all the input I can get.

10. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't over interpret all this stuff until you get close enough to actually talk to him about it. He could just really respect you as a friend, which isn't at all a bad thing. But yes, there is the chance that he likes you too :slight_smile: Just be prepared for both.

Meanwhile, keep getting closer to him :slight_smile: