1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Falling out of love

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Nihonokage, Feb 28, 2014.

1. Nihonokage

Is it normal to be scared of it? :help:

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, because you think you're making a mistake or that there won't be anything to fill that void in your heart.

3. BooBear10

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, same as falling in love.

4. loveandlife

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I caught my lesbian partner of 18 yrs. having a girlfriend from another country 4 months ago thru their cellphone communications....she said, her love for me is jst as friends now bec. she doesn't feel the spark anymore w/ me... i never knew dat coz we live together in the same house... although we stopped making love a year ago.. .she said she changed.... the new girl makes her happy though they havent seen each other face to face.... only chatting online and phonecalls... she felt romantic love for her and she didnt really know why??....

I still love her and i really cnt live without her... im so deppressed.... we still live together but nothing intimacy anymore bet. us.... do you think i cn still win her back?... how cn i get d spark back again??... do u think she cn forget her new girl bec. of long distance relationship?.. i found out she's coming in 6 months... im afraid my ex would fall in love more after they get to see each other in person???

I badly need advice...

5. emkorora

emkorora Guest

This is a subject that particularly resonates with me.

Yes, being scared to fall from love is natural. Unfortunately, it happens as frequently as falling into love.

After numerous occasions where this fear became realized, I have come to the conclusion that our hearts are fickle. Ever-changing. We hate one day and adore the next. For this reason, allowing your heart the chance to recover from falling out of love is imperative. Who knows, that love might be restored.

It also helps to try and maintain "the spark." Dinners once a week, a simple massage, flowers, talking together beside candles-- just a few suggestions.

I will not lie, though. Whenever I have witnessed someone fall from love, it appeared inevitable. And no amount of roses, kisses, or laughter seemed to change that-- only stall it.

6. loveandlife

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Tnx emkorora.. i am actually confused w/ her.... coz she still wants us to sleep in the same bed though no sensual relationship happens anymore.. she still loves to cuddle me as we sleep.. she said she doesnt want to lose me coz she still loves me so much, though it's not romantic love.... it's d reason why i still hope she will feel d spark she felt w/me b4.... we've been living together for 18 yrs...

watcha think? Do i still have to expect from her???

#6 loveandlife, Mar 1, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2014